Too much same race.

saiikyo

There is now a standalone version. I believe it no longer requires Python to run. The autoinstaller should install everything you need, whether you pick the standalone or the python version. If you're using a steam version of Oblivion or have it installed under Program files, there may be some tricky bits but they're explained in the readme.

Hi!

There is no real link with the subject but it avoids creating another topic for a question.

There is something I do not understand.

I go to "Oblivion Data Files" of the game launcher, I select "CM Crescentia v4.esp(player files)" and there has of written:

Master Files Required:

Oblivio.esm

CM Partners.esm

AinmhiRace-RensBeautyPackFull.esp

I had of checked "CM Crescentia v4.esp" and of unchecked "AinmhiRace-RensBeautyPackFull.esp", and I have no problems launching the game, even Crescentia was there!

It's weird, I believed that when a Master Files missing, this made crash the game on startup!?

Is this normal?

Edited by saiikyo

If AinmhiRace-RensBeautyPackFull.esp is in your Oblivion\Data folder whether it's activated or not the game will still see it (which is why it shows in your Data Files listing for example). I believe the Master Files Required only need to be in Oblivion\Data so that the game can find what it needs, but are not required to be active. Now if you one day decided to delete AinmhiRace-RensBeautyPackFull.esp from your Oblivion\Data folder you would be in trouble with a missing master.

Thanks for your answer Striker879, I understand better.

I also wanted to know if it was possible to delete a race (I would make space for the character creation screen).

There are certain races that do not interest me too (as the Tang Mo, Blood Witch or Orok), but I do not know how to remove them.

I guess I have to use Oblivion Construction Set, right?

I don't have any experience editing race info in the CS but I would think that you'll need to have a clear understanding of which races rely on which other races before you start deleting races (e.g. if races B and C depended on race A you couldn't delete race A and keep races B and C). Perhaps someone who is more race savvy can chime in.