Baffled! I Am Haunted By Invisible Objects At Internal Settlements

Ragoda

Oh finally I find this topic!

sadly I can't find the solution but at least I realized I'm not only one

I posted it 3 different topic
so I don't use interior
I just wanna make a an unique workbench it's works well until I change the default model to customized model
(I made it from main file objects in the CK render window)
then will be invisible in the build menu and don't show the its green siluet too
I can place it but still invisible and useless

any other different items work well the moddel changeing

I searched on the internet tutorial for this issue but just a few tutorials talk about for the Creation Kit and I didn't find solution

I would like something like these:

https://www.nexusmod...lout4/mods/2451

Sorry for my English

Thanks

here is a part of a tutorial what shows what I can't made it:

Edited by Irgum76

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I have a twist on this mystery. Same problem as Ragoda, have built a number of functional interior settlements with no issues. Except one of them has same issue as Ragoda: place the workshop item, and it's there, but it's invisible. The interior settlement has 4 floors. Everything works fine on the top floor. You can also build a chair (for example) on the top floor, where it shows up, and then drag that chair down to any of the lower 3 floors and it also shows up. Once that chair shows up on a lower floor, you can, if using Workshop Plus by Kinggath, duplicate that chair with a hotkey, and the duplicated chair also shows up. You just can't build a new chair on the lower floors, and have it show up.

It doesn't appear to be a room marker placement thing, relative to the Default Empty Trigger Box that is linked to the workshop (and encompasses the entire build area), and I've looked at all the other suggestions in this thread. But it could be the presence of room markers at all, since the one variable between this interior settlement and the others that work fine, is that this settlement has room markers (one for the bottom floor, one for the 2nd and 3rd floors combined, and one for the top floor).

Maybe this sheds some more light on the problem, and if anyone knows the solution, please do share. Thanks!

Edit: Another weird thing, on the lower three floors, if you place a chair, you can sit in it, it's just invisible. Also, if you place the chair, and it's invisible, and you save your game, quit to desktop, then open the game again and reload your save, the chair shows up. If you quick save and reload, doesn't show up. If you hard save and reload, also doesn't show up. Have to hard save, quit the game, and reload for the chair to show up. Been testing this with one other person and we both get the same results. Really strange.

I have the same problem with my Vault 81 Player Room mod. The "solution" however is that you have to place them, save and reload the game.

An agreeable situation with a small room, but not for a settlement

Funny, I just made an Interior Settlement and I have this issue when I place some random items. After I save and quit, and reload the game, they are all visible again.

Google search lead me here. Has anyone figured out what's causing this?

But now that I've read most of this thread, I can definitely believe it has something to do with roombounds being in the cell... I fixed the ones in the vanilla cell I copied for the settlement I built. I'll try to remove them entirely and see what happens. If this fixes the problem then I will post it here.

I had this issue on custom floors and walls I made; or at least, I had invisible walls and objects hanging in the air to block me.

After some investigation, it turned out that the collision object was offset from the model somehow in the NIF.

By adjusting the coords of the collision model, the issue was solved.

Then I had the issue again, but this turned out to be related to the SNAP points in the model somehow. Whereby the model was snapping and rotating correctly, but the collision model was not rotating together with the snaps. I then solved that issue by remaking the model and never found out why the RCA/Snap points weren't working for that model.

Edited by Reginald001

As was implied by earlier posts, which lead me to believe it was roombounds and portals making workshop items invisible when place. It was absolutely true, I removed the roombounds and portals and I havent had the invisible item since. The fix to this issue has been found.

I wouldn't exactly call removing room bounds and portals a fix. It may resolve the invisible objects issue, but will likely cause bigger issues overall. If room bounds and portals are being used in a vanilla cell, that implies:

1) the cell used only room bounds and portals for optimization

2) the cell used precombines/previs for optimization but for whatever reason, also had room bounds and portals.

If the cell did originally have precombines with room bounds present but fell back to using room bounds, that means the precombine/previs system was disabled presumably from the changes the mod(s) made to the cell by touching something in a precombined mesh. When that occurs and room bounds are present, the game will use the room bounds and portals (if they are present) as a fall back.

Unless you generate new precombines and previs, removing room bounds altogether means the cell will have no optimization whatsoever. It might not be any problem in a very small cell, but in a large cell like Vault 81 having no optimization is going to bring even the best computer to its knees.

Rather than outright removing the room bounds, I'd suggest regenerating precombines and previs. Unless I missed it earlier in this thread, I haven't seen anyone suggest or try that yet.

Edited by RedRocketTV