Gaming Computer Suggestions?

Hi guys,

So it is Cyber Monday and there are some pretty decent deals on gaming computers and I have the funds to get one. I just would like some advice before I dish out a large sum of money.

However, I would like some advice as soon as possible because most of the desktops have a limited quantity.

Anyway, which would have these would you recommend (if any) and why?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- HP Pavilion Power 580-023w Gaming Tower, Intel Core i5-7400, NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB Graphics, 8 GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive, Windows 10

Specs:

• Intel Core i5-7400
  • NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB Graphics
  • 8 GB Memory
  • 1TB Hard Drive
  • Windows 10

iBUYPOWER WA400R3 Gaming Desktop PC with AMD Ryzen 3 1200, NVIDIA GT 710 1GB Graphics Card, 1TB Hard Drive, 8GB Memory, and Windows 10 Home.

Specs:

• AMD Ryzen 3 1200 quad core processor. 3.10GHz base clock speed.
  • 8GB DDR4 system memory gives you the power to handle most power-hungry applications with ease.
  • 1TB Hard drive lets you store all your photos and music
  • NVIDIA GT 710 1GB graphics card

Or are both trash? Either is better than my current setup. Right now I am have Core I5, but with a crappy graphics card and my tower isn't big enough to handle any upgrades.

Edited by FatalxSyn

IMO they're both throwaway systems. The first step when looking for a gaming computer is to not search for that specific term. ;) I'm amazed anyone can get away with advertising any computer with a 1GB video card today as a gaming machine, and even with a 3GB 1060, you'd see much (30-50% or more) better performance with a 4GB 980 or 6GB 980Ti etc.

Invariably what winds up in prepackaged systems are components that are least desirable and hardest to sell as components. This is no exception imo.

Just because you take a piece of tape, write "GAMING" on it, and stick it on a box, doesn't make it a gaming computer.

Also, all in all: Computers don't really get discounted on special days and they're not in limited quality. It's marketing BS to create a sense of urgency out of nothing. Don't get played.

The worst thing is when you buy a gt710 there is all kinds of gaming marketing on the box, you only buy one if you don't have an igpu.

I bought one because when i went to the store to buy a vga to hdmi adapter the gt70 was cheaper. :laugh:

What i5 do you have now? maybe you could fit a half height gtx1050ti

https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-1050-Ti-4GT-LP.html

Edited by Erik005

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly wouldn't recommend going for either of those things. I know my opinion doesn't count for much because you don't know me, but these towers probably aren't going to last you very long. I suggest you dish money into buying the components yourself and building it. You might even be able to get the same parts included in those PCs for a couple hundred bucks cheaper.

• 4 weeks later...

Depends on what you're looking for, and how much you want to DIY.

I have built computers (and torn them down, and replaced more parts in more cases than anyone I know who doesn't do it for a living.) When I decided to treat myself to a new gaming rig, I decided I didn't want to have to do all that work myself. I also decided I wanted a vendor who would stand behind their product if anything broke or otherwise didn't work properly.

I went with DigitalStorm, and haven't been sorry. Yes, I paid about a 20% premium over the cost of the same components if I had acquired them individually. But then I would have been responsible for the assembly, dealing any defective parts, and for getting all those pesky drivers to install and behave nicely with each other. This way, that was someone else's problem, and they had lots of experience in making sure it wasn't a problem. :cool:

Plus, that Aventum!!! It's just so awesome. How can you not love these guys?!

(More realistically, the Vanquish is a great buy for about US$800.)

I went with DigitalStorm, and haven't been sorry. Yes, I paid about a 20% premium over the cost of the same components if I had acquired them individually. But then I would have been responsible for the assembly, dealing any defective parts, and for getting all those pesky drivers to install and behave nicely with each other. This way, that was someone else's problem, and they had lots of experience in making sure it wasn't a problem. :cool:

If you can't install drivers in 2018 you shoudn't own a computer, this might have applied in windows 9x

Paying 800$ for a 600$ computer without a SSD is not good value