Script problem causing game to crash

kvngreeley

Hello, everyone. I am hoping that someone has an idea how I might resolve a problem with the mod DR Genie from MWMH. I am pretty sure I tested that mod successfully on my old laptop, but now that I am retesting everything on my new set up, I have run into a problem with this mod. Everything works fine, up to the point I need to dismiss the NPC merchant. When I do that, the game always crashes. I have tried every combination of action I can think of and I have cleaned the mod with TESTool.

The warning text document has hundreds of this line:

Script Dialogue CompileAndRun

Line 1 function reference object "Genie" not found.

I kind of like this mod, but it is unusable as is. I can't find this topic anywhere. I am still trying a few things, but I am running out of ideas. I don't know much about the CS so I don't know how to use that to look for problems.

Again, the mod works great right up to the point I need to make the Genie Merchant disappear and then the game crashes.

Thanks for any ideas!

I really don't know Dialogue but this adds a Topic "-Return to the Planes" with the result _Genie->Disable

Looks like that's the thing that's failing.

But in your error the object is missing the preceding underscore. Tried cleaning it with TESTool myself and the underscore's preserved. Weird.

MWSFD has this about the error:

"Function reference object "Foobject" not found"

This error indicates that the object in question e.g.

Foobject->GetDistance Player

Does not exist. When you write a script and then create a new object to be thus referenced you

will also get this error. Close the editor window and reopen it to register the object with the

compiler.

Although that's in the TES:CS error section, not the in game one.

Maybe try (after trading) closing out of all dialogue windows, then speak to her again and select the "-Return to the Planes" option.

Thanks for your reply! I tried that and every other variation I could think of. I tried to dismiss her immediately without selecting anything, I tried exiting the dialog menu and saving and reloading before trying to dismiss her, I tried leaving the cell and returning (she doesnât go away, but she does wander around and dance some), I tried unequiping the amulet before dismissing her, I tried unequipping and equipping the amulet again (spoiler, she shows up again - I had 4 at one point), etc.

The funny thing is I could have sworn this mod worked before. I will have to load up my old laptop and see if it works on any saved games.

It is a shame because this is a pretty interesting mod.

Thanks!

I must be crazy because I tried this mod on my old laptop and the same thing happened. Maybe I will try it one more time without any other mods to see if that changes anything. Probably not though. I tried emailing the mod author, but I got an undeliverable bounce back. Not surprising given the time gap.