Spawns of the Commonwealth (WOTC 2 New Thread)

SMB92

Not sure if anyone's made this suggestion yet, but one thing that annoyed me on the current mod is that "Animal" spawns mainly consists of a lot of insects.
IDK about you guys, but to me, the insects are annoying af(And, no pun intended, kind of buggy, especially those immortal bloodbugs), and there's already more than enough of them in the game. I was hoping to have a hunter playthrough where I shot Radstags and yao guai and all that, but I ended up spending most of my time mobbed by insects.
If the new mod has fine-tuning options like that I'd love to see animals and insects separated(I know that's not scientifically accurate, but still.).

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is well-addressed by the new mod, spawns in the wilderness will include much animals, although insects will be present as well you're hunter type will be much more viable.

Compatible yes, but as for my Spawns appearing in New Vegas that will have to be via addon, which I plan to make myself if nobody else does. Same goes for their new Npc types, they will have to be injected into my system.

I am presently working on the modding tools scripts and an overhaul of moddability for SpawnEngine, this will be done in the next update (0.22)

• 2 weeks later...

@SMB92

Hey there, I had a question I was hoping you could address when you got around to it. Your WotC mod was always helpful with my roleplay playthroughs, unfortunately making a 'permanent' squad of generic followers killed the game after so long as the scripts tended to kill the game. It was the very reason I had to unfortunately drop your mod. It wasn't a bad mod, I loved it. But for what I wanted, it was unusable. How is your new mod handled? Is everything still ran on scripts? I was hoping to use it now for a new playthrough, and if it allows, maybe one or two 'permanent' followers.'

Well just to correct you there, it's not actually my mod, I took it over, but credit goes to Engager and Coreyhooe for WOTC :)

That is an interesting question. Do you mean that you use a mod that allows you to recruit anybody dynamically? I never actually thought of that angle before. This may pose an issue.

And yes, everything is scripted. Much different approach to what's been seen before though. WOTC uses a hybrid of scripts and actually placed actors, bit much to explain here, but regardless there will always be scripts involved. You should not fear scripts like they are the plague, there is much misconception out there to be sure.

If you can let me know the mod being used to recruit anybody (if so) then I can see what I can do about it for you.

Correction: I used WOTC to spawn followers, and I never despawned them.

Explanation: I fear WOTC, and if this new mod acts like it, I may fear itt as well. WOTC didn't cause issues until I kept a Squad (5 actors) of NPCs as followers (I was playing a military squad walking around), and it would end up killing the game. After awhile they wouldn't follow, I couldn't access my Pipboy, I couldn't speak to other NPCs, even Piper or Preston.

That sounds like a much bigger problem on the whole rather than something WOTC has caused. It's possible, if you recruited some random npcs that WOTC spawned, that they have been (or attempted to have been) cleaned up by scripts and now you've got deadlocks going on in Papyrus, or something of the sort (which could be an issue in the new mod as I cleanup old and dead actors when they've been unloaded for a while, but shouldn't result in this massive issue). Either way I fail to see that causing this massive issue you have experienced, but it's possible I suppose.

Just FYI, creation club content is known to create these sort of problems when you start a new game with certain cc content enabled (namely tunnel Snakes esm for example). Do you have any of this content by chance?

If possible, if you still have that broken save game, and by chance you have papyrus logging enabled, can you send me a Papyrus log after loading that up and trying to do something (like talking to Preston or whatever) that is or you think is broken?

Hey, sorry I didn't get back to you. No, I've never used the Creation Club on Fallout 4.

Unfortunately, I literally just cleaned out my entire save list.... heh. I haven't played Fallout in such a long time, I've come back and cleaned everything out and found Vortex and upgraded to it. Is there no way to make some permanent generic followers without overloading the mod? But yes, I spawned NPC's and recruited them. It was 5 NPC's

How did you spawn them, with console? Thats not so bad if you spawned them with console. If you recruited some WOTC people, then probably bad idea. Still, shouldn't be resulting in such huge problems I would think.

I will look at ways to make SpawnEngine safe from this though. Thanks for bringing the idea up.