⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Spawns of the Commonwealth (WOTC 2 New Thread)

SMB92

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol me too. Although Iâd be certainly happy to stick to my FO4 if Fallout 76 has limited modding and bad solo playthrough.

When this mod is finally released, would it be possible to make a clean save without having to start a whole new game?

- load game, go to home plate (or empty cel), save

- uninstall WOTC

- reload the game, save

- install your new mod

Thanks for your answer

While I cannot guarantee what will happen uninstalling WOTC you will be fine to install SOTC at any time. I've had one or two broken saves from uninstalling WOTC, and while a complete uninstallation of new SOTC is nigh on impossible it will be much much better allowing to cleanup most of the data produced.

Also forgot to mention on here, I updated the Github rep to version 0.12.01 last week. May or May not be a more public alpha version on the Discord server this weekend, but progress is good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More hyped for this mod than I am for Fallout 76 currently.

Same here! SotC will help show what Fallout 76 will be missing by not having human NPCs! And a hypothetical "SoWV" would be the foundation of actually populating 76's West Virginia with NPCs. What a big task that would be, creating NPCs to populate a wasteland that originally has none!

Codebase was updated to 0.14.01.180701. See notes on Github page for information (or Discord server). This is likely the last code update before the next alpha release, which will also likely be the first public release candidate. I hope to have that out next weekend. Stay tuned!

https://github.com/SMB92/F4-SpawnEngine

Oh and forgot to mention, some shameless cross-promotion. I'll copy the post as it was on my discord:

Also while I have your attention, here's some shameless cross-promotion! Congratulations to @MunkySpunk [Hippest Cat Around] on the release of his awesome "The Left Field Diner" mod, featuring some of the best texture/effects work around! And also some code by yours truly (hopefully those fridges haven't broken down yet! :smile: ) Grab it here and be sure to endorse, kudos and maybe even upvote for File of The Month!

In my mind, copious, if not endless, amounts of stuff to do :D

At present, the framework is complete enough for me to start adding spawns to the game which is what I'm working on right now. If all well then we will have a demo file up on Discord this weekend.