Removing/Hiding city location markers/squares

NekoMaster

So I recently got back into morrowind and modded the crap out of it but while some things I really liked there are others that I decided to remove.

So I had a bunch of city/town expansion mods and this lead to the map markers showing larger cities then Vanilla morrowind towns.

While this isn't a big issue, I was wondering how to reset/hide all the map markers so that I dont see a HUGE area for places like Suran, Balmora and Ebonheart.

Is there a way to do this?

Its not a big deal if there is no way to remove the location markers but I'm a little picky about having things work and look good (which is why I disabled the town expansion mods, MGSO grass would remain floating in many area's and there where area's that the land meshes didn't match up, and there was lots of lag in large towns)

You can use Wrye Mash and its Reset Map command (think it's called) on your save game. There's an option to disable gridlines on the newly re-generated map which I use as I'm not a fan of them.

Also, you may just need to revisit the cities to have the extra square markers go away, not sure.