Did you betray amaud motierre after DB questline is finished?

CODWAFFLE

Mede was a coward to sign the treaty that sold his peoples god away. Therefore, he deserves to die and for that reason I would have never accepted to become a double agent. I honor my contracts. As an assassin if I honored every dieing mans last wish I came across, well I would be out of business real quick.

If he didn't sign it Tamriel would be conquered by the Aldmeri Dominion, he was a coward to do that but he did it in order for his people to survive, like I said before if he didn't done that the thalmor would be completely in charge of Tamriel murdering everyone how shows just a little biit of resistance, he was the only victim I feld sorry about...

Indeed, they wiped out the Thalmar troops, in Cyrodiil. There where still plenty of troops in the Summerset Isle, Valenwood and probably (not confirmed) mercenaries from Elsweyr or Black-Marsh (althrough the Empire could also have had mercenaries from Black-Marsh). While the Empire was hit in the heart, all of it's troops traumatized, exhausted and some dehydrated from the march of thirst, so even if Titus had gone on fighting the troops waren't motivated enough for a war, while the Aldmeri-Dominion now fanatic angry and aggrasive for the deafeat at the red-ring road and with enough motivated troops from the Summerset Isle, Valenwood, isles in the Abeacan sea and the sea of pearls plus the mercenaries from Black-Marsh and Elsweyr, the Empire would be defeated, and even if not, Titus Mede could not look in the future. If you were Emperor of that time and had the choice of: peace but with consequences for liberty or war with a 60% chance of winning but a 40% chance of a major massacre on your people, what would you had chosen?

(PS: if you don't have a good argumment and start to criticize my spelling and grammer use, well, Dutch is my native language (not aggresive ment but friendly))

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, I didn't kill him. Business is business. How would it look if a hired assassin starts killing off the clientele? It would obviously be bad for business. He certainly came across as sleazy, but isn't everyone who'd hire a hitman a bit sleazy? I did pickpocket him for his gold and jewels though.

Well, being the first Dragonborn since Tiber Septim/Talos himself, I killed Motierre, because, hell, I'm like the second coming of Talos! I should be Emperor! Not that d-bag! I have a feeling that later in the Elder Scrolls Storyline, the Dovahkiin will indeed become Emperor and restore the Empire to its former glory, just like when Talos conquered all of Tamriel, only this time, we'll take the Summerset Isles as well, and defeat the Aldmeri Dominion permanently.

OK, for anyone assuming that Motierre will be emperor just because he had the emperor killed, you know nothing about politics, especially pertaining to monarchs. Unless the Mede bloodline is wiped out or overturned, the next emperor will be Titus II's firstborn son (or child, if we're not living in a sexist world). Motierre cannot achieve emperor-ship just by a single assassination, and the only way that we can is if we publicly declare ourselves the Dragonborn and either use that to force the Mede emperor to abdicate or use that to start a full-scale revolutionary war.

MidbossVyers, I think you're jumping to conclusions about how ascendency to the throne works in this particular age of the ES timeline. I've seen nothing to assume that it is by bloodline. Indeed, were this to be true, then there would be no emperor at all, since the Septim bloodline died out with Martin's sacrifice at the end of the Oblivion Crisis, and we know that the Elder Council has the authority to choose an Emperor, should the current one die.

Furthermore, Motierre is a member of the Elder Council. The only person with a higher government office than a member of the Elder Council is the Emperor, himself. Couple this with with a little tidbit from Astrid, once she figures out Motierre's intentions behind the assassination of Mede. She says, and I quote, "Motierre, you naughty, naughty boy. Hiring the Dark Brotherhood to help you rise beyond your station...delicious."

There is no higher station to which to rise from the Elder Council than the position of Emperor. If succession to the throne was by virtue of bloodline only, and there were any potential heirs to the throne, then Motierre wouldn't be trying this. On the other hand, he does inform Astrid that he wants Vittoria Vici killed, and she is the Emperor's first cousin. This is clearly not a direct line of succession, but it might serve to support your position. However, if he has a first cousin then it's improbable that he doesn't have other family members who could also take his place.

On yet another hand, we know that Bethesda throws lore out the window and rewrites history with every release of an Elder Scrolls game, so such speculation is rendered moot by virtue of nothing being sacrosanct with regard to previous games.

and sometimes sense. if motierre can give us 20 000 septims why he gives the amulet to us for the expenses?(wouldnt those in the counsel ask him why he lost it?) if he doesnt have the money to keep the amulet where he gets that 20 000 septims from?

and i thought first "he want to be the high counsler?" then i thought it doesnt make sense to become the high counsler with the murder of the emperor. i think it is his final goal to become the emperor. so i killed him! no emperor = weak empire = easy task to conquer for the dragonborn!

to those who say with killing motierre you scare away contracts. no it wont. because you dont have a banner on your head reading: hi! im a dark brother hood assassin working for motierre to kill the emperor. but he wanted me to kill motierre too. so i gonna kill him!

and NOBODY except the body guard and the brother hood know of the contract when you kill motierre. the bodyguard is easy to kill. and he wont go and tell the authorities that they hired the brother hood to kill the emperor. because probably they will execute him for being a part in the assassination of the emperor. even if you kill him, people will think someone from the counsel hired you to kill this guy.

Edited by magiii

Titus Mede II was emperor because his grandfather Titus Mede conquered the imperial city in 4E 17. http://uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Fourth_Era#4E_175 .

After the Oblivion Crisis someone had to move in and take over otherwise there wouldn't be an Empire in 4E201 let alone during the Great war 30 years earlier. Empires are typically run in a matter befitting a singular ruling family, since the sons of kings tend to be princes and most dislike giving up their privileges.

That matter aside I want to know the truth behind Titus Mede II wielding Goldbrand at the battle of Red Ring, if He had Boethiah's endorsement why couldn't the Empire keep pushing? Granted Boethiah is kind of a dick so...yeah, must have let him keep it for the whole battle though otherwise he wouldn't be in Skyrim though, right?