Upgraded light armor outclasses heavy? Best wep & arm to upgrade?

headfullofdread

Why are my light armors out classing my heavy? What are the best upgraded weapons & armor, Unique items vs crafted?

I just finished alchemy/enchanting/smithing gear and potions and am in the process of upgrading my gear with smithing gear & potions. I have full sets of daedric, dragon plate & scale as well as the deathbrand set as I'd been using it and figured why not upgrade it. 5/5 on each armor, all perks besides the 10% perk on each, no additional armor perks/ench.

Armor stats after upgrade -

Deathbrand 913

Dragon scale 920

Dragon plate 893 (smithing potion might have run out)

Daedric 903 (did first, smithing potion def in effect)

I can see the unique having a little extra ummph, but scale better than daedric...really?

All original DLC's, no CC, no mods

Edited by headfullofdread

Since we don't have a clue which mods you use and what other voodoo-magic you employ, how are we supposed to answer your questions?

Personally, I don't care too much what my character is wearing, as long as she looks good. If the resistance gets a touch overwhelming, I add tgm to the console and down go the suckers. "Blasphemy" I can hear you shout, but, I'm in it for the fun and exploring, not for the "challenge" of beating a crooked A.I. ...

You know that physical damage reduction by armor is capped at 80% which can be achieved with WAY LOWER armor ratings already?

For more details on armor: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Armor

I knew there is a cap but just wasn't sure what it was. That still doesn't explain how the light armor have a higher armor rating than the heavy, regardless of caps.

Since we don't have a clue which mods you use and what other voodoo-magic you employ, how are we supposed to answer your questions?

All original DLC's, no CC, no mods

I fail to read sometimes too.

There's still the voodoo magic ;)