Download Later button

calyps

I know I'm not the only person with this issue. I browse mods, see a bunch that I would like, but alas, I am not at my gaming PC. So I click the "watch" button or send myself an email with the links in it. And then I forget when I get home because I've got other stuff to do.

A "DL Later" button would be a fantastic addition, so I could just check the corresponding list every night and then DL those mods I couldn't at work/school/sitting in the doctor's office.

Just an idea. Anyone else agree?

I was going to say this idea was stupid XD But it makes perfect sense on a mobile phone/tablet. However it is a lot of work for not all that much. I would suggest you "watch" the mods or simply note to self them, because to make this kind of a button would require the server to hold info on what you wanted to your account individually then remember to download it whenever you need it. Well that's my two septims anyways :P

Yeah, I don't know anything about how the code works. I do know, the two methods already mentioned don't work too well as I get caught up and forget. Whereas having a DL later list to check with a click would work very well. I of course don't want to cause anyone any extra work, or the servers further strain, but as far as user friendliness goes, I think it would be a big step forward.

And thank you for not saying my idea was stupid. :tongue:

I have to imagine that shopping cart code already exists and is ready to be plugged into websites. That's not to say it wouldn't be difficult, but hey, it's just a suggestion. The admins can take it or leave it. I of course love the nexus either way.