Fallout Wanderers Edition Crashing?

EVOriginal

Okay, here is the deal: I am absolutely confused as to why this is happening and I would like to see if I can get some help.

I will preface this by saying that I do have Archive Invalidate active, and I do run via FOSE...so I think I'm good there. (right?)

Here is my load order:

Fallout3.esm

Anchorage.esm

BrokenSteel.esm

PointLookout.esm

ThePitt.esm

Zeta.esm

CRAFT.esm

CALIBR.esm

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esm

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Anchorage.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC The Pitt.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Broken Steel.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Point Lookout.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Mothership Zeta.esp

That's it, nothing else. I'm absolutely baffled, I'm probably missing something easy, but the game will just freeze, randomly...no specific thing (not in VATS, or between areas) is triggering this. Can anyone help me out?

What kind of equipment are you using? And, have you ever had the game running without mods?

What kind of Graphics card do you have? Having a weak graphics card is usually the cause of the freezes.

The game does run fine without mods, my graphics card is pretty good GeForce GTX 560M...Fallout 3 recommends Ultra High settings when I run the scan on it. My laptop is less than a year old, and every other game (including newer games with mods, like New Vegas) run fine.

• 1 month later...

Having the same issue. Crashes on startup after first slide. Using the Nexus Mod Manager. It's ONLY with FWE. I really want this mod to work.

Windows 7 HP

8-core 2.4GHz

12GB RAM

NVidia GeForce 560ti

NVidia GeForce 120 (secondary monitor)

Update:

Deactivating FWE does not fix the crashes. I have to reinstall. Then the game runs fine...until I try FWE again. I'm not familiar with the modding process, but the problem is isolated to FWE, and having the problem remain after deactivating FWE sounds odd. Does it change a setting or something that doesn't get changed back upon removal?

Edited by echoCTRL

Crashes on startup after first slide.

9 out of 10 times crash on startup means missing master file or seriously messed up load order. Post your load order.

Do you have all the requirements for FWE?

The follower mods/utilities are required for FWE:

* Fallout Script Extender (FOSE)

* CRAFT (included in the FWE 5.0 download)

* CALIBR (included in the FWE 5.0 download)

*The Fallout Mod Manager (FOMM) is HIGHLY recommended for properly installing and setting up FWE.

Fallout3

Anchorage

BrokenSteel

PointLookout

ThePitt

Zeta

Followed by the FWE, then "aiens M41A Pulse Rifle" Mod. (v3)

I have FWE v 6.0 with 6.03 Hotfix and FOSE, but FOSE does not show up on Nexus Mod Manager under the orders.

I only run 1 mod, and look to incorporate the RobCo Certified mod.

I didn't list the FWE order since I just reinstalled today, and looking to play in the morning, so I don't have the exact plugin names handy.

And I also tried disabling windows live, thinking that maybe that was conflicting with it, but it didn't make a difference.

Edited by echoCTRL

FOSE does not show up on Nexus Mod Manager under the orders.

It never shows up there, so that's not so strange.

If you've installed FOSE right, an extra option that says "Launch FOSE" should appear under the little arrow next to the "Launch Fallout 3" button.

I didn't list the FWE order

Do so anyway. That's exactly the part that matters most. Just post your entire load order including all of FWE's plugins.

And I also tried disabling windows live, thinking that maybe that was conflicting with it, but it didn't make a difference.

Leave it disabled anyway.

One might also consider using FoMM instead of NMM for Fallout 3. Not sure how well NMM handles installing a mod like that. (it'll also make posting your load order a lot easier)

I did not use FoMM yet, but got FWE working with Nexus Mod Manager.

Thanks for the suggestion, I looked closer at the order and noticed that when Nexus installed the 6.03 Hotfix, some plug-ins went missing. Like CRAFT and CALIBR. Not sure how I missed that before.

I installed them in a backwards order to fix it (It gave a BOSS error trying to install the hotfix normally [not upgrade], last). I added the hotfix first, then the "Part 2 assets" (clicking 'No' for normal install) and then Part 1. When asked about replacing files from the hotfix, I just chose "No to all".

Bumped the order of CRAFT and CALIBR before FWE, and it works.

The only thing now is to figure out FOSE, which did not work. FWE gives me in-game alerts saying FOSE is not installed. And I dont have the Option that you talked about.

Going to tackle that problem later tonight.

Edited by echoCTRL

FWE gives me in-game alerts saying FOSE is not installed. And I dont have the Option that you talked about.

In that case it's quite likely you didn't install FOSE into the right directory.

Did you install it into the Fallout 3 root directory or in the Data directory? It's supposed to be installed in the Fallout 3 root directory.