Entitled mod users

Genamine

When I read entitled mod users I think of those that whine and complain but they don't have a single mod to their name. That doesn't mean they don't know how to mod of course, but feels like the two go somewhat hand in hand. Edited by Niborino9409

I suppose it comes down to just what you consider “entitled“. There are a lot of ways this could be taken! I’m actually a pretty good example for one type of “entitled” mod user. I know little about modding, and can barely use these mods at all without a clear walkthrough. I download mods that don’t do what I want, make a post asking for that feature, then realize that there are mods out there that already do exactly what I wanted! My worst crime would likely be the way I pepper forums, authors, and users with questions I don’t know the answer to, as though is thier DUTY to cator to my ignorant ass.

There is a difference between entitled and inquisitive though, and an even bigger difference between entitled and curious

What I mean by entitled is not people that ask for new features with a polite "could you", or people that ask to know more about why you did a certain thing on your mod or why something works a certain way

What I mean is people who come to tell an author theyve unendorsed their mod because they didnt 'fix' an 'issue' that has always been intentional

People who come to tell an author their mod with 100 endorsements isnt good enough for them unless they add in a whole separate mod with 7000 endorsements as a 'small feature'

People who come to tell an author "Lol why would you make this mod, theres another mod out there that does exactly this and 1000 things more"

Ive had my fair share of people who commented just because they dont understand something about one of my mods and would like to know more about it, I dont consider that entitled

Hell, Ive seen people who knew so little about modding you might question their ability to produce a modded game that wont crash on startup, and I didnt consider them entitled

As others have said, theres a certain stereotype to entitled mod users, but it only goes one way

Entitled mod users often know little about creating mods, but that doesnt mean people who know little about creating mods are often entitled

fftfan, on 20 Dec 2017 - 03:41 AM, said:

I looked on your ME Andromeda modpage's comments and now I really get where you're coming from. I certainly wouldn't be brave enough to upload stuff there since Mass Effect fanbase seems pretty toxic to me. Your mod looks totally fine to me and I think it's especially ridiculous & unfair to criticize it when you consider what ME Andromeda itself has like heads turning backwards or 360 degrees like in the Exorcist and stuff. I think they ought to be thankful to get anything in the way of mods given the quality of ME Andromeda and how usually EA hates modding. I think there is no grounds to criticize since (ironically since it's an Asari) her face at least looks human, much more so than the default NPCs who can look freaky or even monstrous sometimes. Just google ME funny gifs and prepare to find some nightmare fuel creepy/uncanny valley looking people.

That whole game was an unfortunate mess really, both inside and outside, its issues really came to light when modding tools allowed a look under the hood

Lack of talent isnt what killed that game, they basically created the bulk of the game in the final year of development

It was lack of management that killed the game

The asari Ryder mod was more of an experiment with modding the Frostbite engine, made possible by the Frosty Tool Suite by Ehamloptiran

As such, I never really cared about what people would think or expect of the mod

As per toxicity in the fanbase, Ive barely noticed that with the exception of a single occurence

Along the way, Bioware also has indeed made it clear they did not endorse any kind of modding of ME:A

In fact, they also expressed their dissatisfaction about the data mining which I personally was a part of

They dont just dislike users modifying their game, they dont even like users looking inside to see what makes it tick

When you see a rather entitled post, it can be interesting to visit that member's nexus profile. I've done that a couple times and, in each case, they'd given zero endorsements despite being a member for over a year. Not exactly a surprising correlation.

you can visit my profile, almost no endorsements, but it don't mean i use xx mods, infact i only used 1 mod for this game SC(and some textures) all other i made myself

endorsements don't mean anything

i don't even know how long i'm here to lazy to check it myself

When you see a rather entitled post, it can be interesting to visit that member's nexus profile. I've done that a couple times and, in each case, they'd given zero endorsements despite being a member for over a year. Not exactly a surprising correlation.

you can visit my profile, almost no endorsements, but it don't mean i use xx mods, infact i only used 1 mod for this game SC(and some textures) all other i made myself

endorsements don't mean anything

i don't even know how long i'm here to lazy to check it myself

Aside from being in a tiny minority of nexus users, I think that, with respect, you're kinda missing the point of this thread. Which is about people who download/use other people's mods.

One of the people I mentioned (I could only remember one) has been a member since 2008 and hasn't given out a single endorsement. Yet I've seen numerous posts of his asking for help with various mods, always in an incredibly impolite (to say the least) way. I guess maybe, in 9 years, he's only downloaded the ones he can't get to work? Yeah, sure.....

To be honest. I rarely give endorsements, but it really doesn't have anything to do with me being an entitled jerk. I just usually don't backtrack to the mod page after downloading what I want, and there is a time period where I can't instantly post an endorsement. When I do endorse, there are usually unique circumstances where I find myself back on that same page and go, 'you know what, this was kinda cool so endorsed.'

To be honest. I rarely give endorsements, but it really doesn't have anything to do with me being an entitled jerk. I just usually don't backtrack to the mod page after downloading what I want, and there is a time period where I can't instantly post an endorsement. When I do endorse, there are usually unique circumstances where I find myself back on that same page and go, 'you know what, this was kinda cool so endorsed.'

So, you've never noticed the "Endorsement Reminder" Pop-Up when browsing then nexus then?

So, you've never noticed the "Endorsement Reminder" Pop-Up when browsing then nexus then?

That can be turned off. :smile: And I do that too like jcdenton2012. I endorse if it really strikes home and if I remember to do so(mainly if I remember to do it). But for the most part I simply forget to go back to the mod and I'm also too lazy to go through my tracking list. So those two in combination... :wacko: o_O

Edited by Niborino9409

I only ever got that pop-up myself twice, and I dont remember ever turning it off at any time

It just stopped appearing after I bought lifetime premium

Just my own opinion but, with or without that popup (I don't get that for FO4 either), man... it doesn't exactly take a steel trap memory to endorse mods. You don't even have to make an effort to go to the mod page, just go into your download history and see every single FO4 mod you've ever downloaded and endorse from there. You can do that, say, once a week, once a month, hell, even once a freakin' year and totally catch up. Not 100% sure whether you could endorse from that dropdown on the old Nexus version or not, although I'm pretty sure it did, but for sure there's no excuse now. (Even if the old version's dropdown didn't have that feature, it wasn't exactly a difficult task to use it to go to mod pages.)

Again, just me, but I'm kinda blown away when I read about people not endorsing mods because.... [insert lame excuse here]. I'm as lazy as the next lazy guy, but... ah, forget it.... I just don't understand.