Entitled mod users

Genamine

I used to be bad for this but then I started to notice modders who quit the modding scene. They'd post stuff like "I'm tired of the trolling/noone likes my mod(s) so I'm leaving forever" or other negative stuff even when the mods themselves are pretty good and it's just a loud minority who complain/trash the mod. I think part of the thing is that the people who are happy will rarely post they will just enjoy the game but the people who aren't happy end up on the forums complaining.

Too many really good authors quit so now I try to make more of a point to endorse stuff and drop a positive comment especially for high effort content.

endorsements don't mean anything

It shows appreciation/acknowledgement. Especially if a high-effort mod gets very few endorsements and the only comments are complaining/only negative it may send negative message to the author. Think of a mod mod like Niero's Courser armor and imagine if it has almost 0 endorsements after 20 days. I try to make a point to endorse stuff especially if it's high effort. What if Sim Settlements got no endorsements and people just complain, say it sucks etc?

If I upload like the blue flight helmet I don't really expect endorsements since it's so simple but it might be disappointing if I do a very high effort mod like one where I spent 100 hours to make it only to get almost 0 endorsements.

That's a good take on it. I don't get many endorsements on my mods either so I've started keeping a closer look at the downloads. Just the thought that people use and enjoy my mods is enough :smile: Makes the new endorsements(if any) even better when they happen. :laugh:

But, I can see why others would be upset with it. If you spend a good amount of time on a high effort mod and nothing comes of it... not fun. :(

Edited by Niborino9409

What do you think is a good endorsement to download ratio? I've notice if a mod gets about a 10% endorsement to download ration it's doing really well! If you don't see how sad that it is that 10% is a good thing I don't know what to say.

I don't think people should or need to endorse every mod they try, I sure don't but, as fftfan said, endorsing "Shows appreciation/acknowledgement" of authors efforts.

I haven't given it much thought, not sure what 10% would be. Just going by my own mods. None of them have over 100 endorsements, but that would be stupid since none of them go over 1000 downloads. The "best" one has 32 endorsements from 605 downloads. Seeing to my own mods I consider that good but I do come across mods that I feel are fantastic yet they have few endorsements. But I can't give an exact number that I feel is good, I'm just happy that I get any at all. But I'm also in the early stage of modding even though I have been at it for a long time so I haven't reached a low/high point yet. Okay, that was SE mods, had one on Oldrim that had 49 endorsements to 978 downloads, but that's from when I first made it to now. First upload was 2012. This isn't an attempt at humble brag :tongue: Just trying to make sense of it all.

Edited by Niborino9409

I wasn't accusing you of humbly bragging or anything, and I wasn't attempting to be sarcastic. If your mod gets a 10% endorsement to download ration it's doing well. :dance: you really can't expect more the 10%.

Your new or newish that's fine, I've been making mods for fallout games for about 10 years and I've never seen an endorsement to download ration get vary much above 10%.

People just don't bother to simply say thanks with a little thumbs up but, if they think there's a problem, or the author didn't do their mod in the way the random person wanted, they shout it from the rooftops! to get back to the original point of this thread.

To be honest. I rarely give endorsements, but it really doesn't have anything to do with me being an entitled jerk. I just usually don't backtrack to the mod page after downloading what I want, and there is a time period where I can't instantly post an endorsement. When I do endorse, there are usually unique circumstances where I find myself back on that same page and go, 'you know what, this was kinda cool so endorsed.'Â

I know what you mean, I used to be that way about it, but after using the nexus for long enough, and really enjoying all the content I download, I feel the least I can do is give praise and hopefully encouragement to the mod authors that I have come to trust, so I go out of my way to endorse mods. even if it's something I don't use all the time, if it's something that has me super impressed I will endorse or leave a comment.

Typically, I endorse every mod that I return to download a second time or to download an update for

That said, thats also where the catch is for me, because I really dont download a lot

I spend more time creating stuff than actually playing the game

For Skyrim alone for instance, I have 497 hours in the Creation Kit for it, but only 283 hours in the actual game

For FO4, I did a mod-free playthrough when it launched, and after that I spent countless hours in FO4Edit creating stuff while barely playing the game at all (only really launching the game to test things)

Didnt really play FO4 again until survival difficulty was released