CTD on Load Save or New Game

Strondur

IMGUR LINK: https://imgur.com/a/09vH7

Every time I attempt to load an old save or start a new game, Oblivion CTD's. I will attach a bunch of pictures that I recommend you look at if you'd like to help me, but first, here is my final goal:

-HGEC bodies with BBB, or another mod(s) that *ahem* overrides the default meshes and textures, as well as enabling *cough* B-Physics. I also want B-Physics while clothes or armor are equipped. HD skin textures as well

-land, water and clutter retextures

-maybe some kind of enb

-all unofficial patches

If there's an easier way to get this end result than with these mods, please let me know.

----------------------------------

Now, to business. I will write my load order down in here, however I have several pictures of it. I'll upload whatever pictures I can on here, and I will re-upload them on imgur as well so that everyone can see what's going on with my load order/wryebash/LOOT/BOSS/etc.

I have the Steam Game of the Year edition.

Oblivion is installed to C:\\Games\Steamapps etc., NOT in programfiles(x86)\steam etc.

I firstly realize that DarNified UI is disabled in nexusmods, but that's just an OMOD file sitting in my mods folder.

I DO have OBSE. I'm pretty sure it's running.

I am using the 4GB Patch plus Ram Obtimization by R.J.R, as evidenced by the highlighted .dll & .exe files in my Data folder, I don't know if that could mess things up but it wasn't running before I used it either.

I unfortunately got it to run without saving my load order or what mods were/weren't enabled, though I'm pretty sure that at least Oblivion Reloaded and Oblivion Character Overhaul were running. I say this because there was some kind of focus shader running as well as a horribly overdone motion blur, and my fov was way higher than it should have been.

This load order is using LOOT.

I used archive invalidation via BSA redirection, with OBMM.

I'll add more information here as more questions are asked, or as I think of it.

IMGUR LINK: https://imgur.com/a/09vH7

Load Order, according to Wryebash: (- denotes installed but disabled on load order)

00 Oblivion.esm [sI]

01 Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

- UOP Vampire Aging Face Fix.esp

- Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp

- DLCShiveringIsles.esp *

02 Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp *

- DLCBattlehornCastle.esp

- DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial patch.esp

03 DLCThievesDen.esp

04 DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp

- DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp

05 DLCMehrunesRazor.esp

06 DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp

07 DLCVileLair.esp

08 DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp

09 DLCHorseArmor.esp

0A DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp

0B DLCOrrery.esp

- DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp

0C DLCSpellTomes.esp

0D DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp

0E DLCFrostCrag.esp

0F DLCFrostCrag - Unofficial Patch

10 Knights.esp

11 Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp

12 Sounds of Cyrodiil.esp

- kuerteeCleanUp.esp

13 EVE_StockEquipmentReplacer.esp

14 EVE_KNightsoftheNine.esp

- EVE_ShiveringIslesEasterEggs.esp

15 Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp

16 EVE_KhajiitFix.esp

17 Bashed Patch, o.esp

I'm saving all of the mod profiles I have, and I'm going to attempt to do it again by installing the mods one at a time, and looking for answers once I get another CTD. In the meantime however, if anyone sees some shred of hope towards a solution with this current profile, please let me know.

The type of crash you describe is often a symptom of a missing master ... such as the master for Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp is DLCShiveringIsles.esp. Is there a reason you have DLCSiveringIsles.esp deactivated?

To elaborate on onlnorton's post, there exists a [Fonts] section or similar in Oblivion.ini that lists the font files the game should use. The OMOD installer for DarNified UI might automatically adjust the font paths when installing the mod, to make the game use the custom fonts provided/required by the mod (for manual DarN UI installation, the fonts section edits would need to be made manually, as described in the readme). But the installer or OBMM may not necesarily revert the changes when uninstalling. It may revert the changes, but I have not used OBMM for years and if I had to take a guess, I would say it leaves the edits there. The default Oblivion.ini file (located in the same folder as Oblivion.exe, named oblivion_default.ini) might have the original [Fonts] section in it that you can copy to your Oblivion.ini in your user profile directory.

Hopefully that clarifies it, in case some part of checking the fonts was unclear (difficult to tell, watching here from the side). Merry Christmas! :thumbsup: