Trouble Updoading!

redwoodtreesprite

Everytime I try to upload my mod, I get a message at the end saying nothing was entered in the browse box. (I forgot to write the exact message down, as I was extremely frustrated.) But each time, the compressed file was selected and showed in that box. I have tried submitting a ZIP and an ACE. No luck with either file type. I just read a message yesterday at The Elder Scrolls Forums about another modder having problems with the MS FTP having the wrong folder name, and that he had given up trying to submit his mod here and went tp EuroRPG instead.

I really want my mods here, as it is my favorite download site. What can I do?

I sent an e-mail 2 days ago to Dark One, but no response yet...

(Oddly enough, the first time I tried submitting this mod, I accidently chose the RAR version. Instead of the "empty" message, I got an address for it, with the message that it was the incorrect type of file.)

I'm sorry to hear about your problems with the upload script. All I can say is its working for me, and others who've submitted mods recently. I've also fixed the .rar file extension error; they are now allowed.

As for the public FTP please visit this thread on the official forums, which is a reply to the aforementioned persons message.

Thanks.

Sigh...

Well I decided to try uploading in Explorer, and I uploaded my RAR version. Got the same final screen. This time I wrote it down:

UPLOAD FIELD 1

No file specified! Upload field empty!

Could I be having this trouble because I'm on dialup, and it takes almost an hour to download my 5760KB file? Or is the file size limit actually 1MB rather than the 100MB it says on the actual download screen?

Well, we'll be getting broadband in about a month. Maybe that will correct the problem.

Dark0ne, it says in his post it's a 5,760kb. Which is just udner 6mb. Now uploading 6mb on 56K is like gettign a root canal with a pencil engraver; not recommended.

Now I think said person should wati for Broadband before uploading his 6mb file, and I hope he has DSL...

Archived