Skyrimprefs [audiomenu]

xxSininsidexx

Hello all. So here's the deal. I love this game, but there aren't enough "in game" options to set up the audio levels.

For instance, I would love to be able to control the sound level for the wind vs. the sound level of say natural ambiance such as nature sounds. Also would be nice to to turn down the level for flames and such. Aw hell, would be nice to be able to adjust the audio levels for every sound!

I know it seems finicky, but if you're also wearing headphones while playing Skyrim for hours a day you start to come up with some ideas.

So anyway, I noticed this line of text in my particular skyrimprefs.ini file:

[AudioMenu]

fAudioMasterVolume=0.7000

fVal7=1.0000

uID7=0

fVal6=1.0000

uID6=0

fVal5=1.0000

uID5=0

fVal4=1.0000

uID4=0

fVal3=0.7000

uID3=94881

fVal2=0.0000

uID2=466532

fVal1=1.0000

uID1=554685

fVal0=0.7000

uID0=1007612

Anyone out there have any idea what these values are and if more values can be added? I think this would greatly improve the experience of play and a great improvement to the Nexus communirty. Thanks I hope you have some answers ;)

Edited by xxSininsidexx

Why don't you muck around with them and report back? Seeing as how you found 'em and all.

Well, I've thought about that actually. Just that I don't have the greatest quality headphones right now. So I'm not even sure I will notice the changes. But I will play around with it. Was hoping for some quick answers. I couldn't find anything anywhere on the topic. So that's why I created this post.

• 8 months later...
i tried youre suggestion to turn thr master volum to 4.0000, well it turn out to be working out.. Just gotta set it up to 10.0000 then you dont have to worried about not hearing a thing.. But i cant solve the sound effect though.. Any suggestion?

I don't know how the .ini audio works as never looked into it. However, if you're a purist, you could extract Skyrims sound effects, convert the files into "normal" audio files, adjust them in an audio editor, then reconvert and replace the audio back into the game. But that may be a bit of a mission :tongue:

• 1 year later...