Fallout 4 worth buying ?

seweryn

I am wondering if this game is worth picking up.

I heard a lot of negativity about it.

I can pick up the base game for 10 euro or goty for 20 euro.

Thanks for the info,

cheers,

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on what you expect. It's a Bethesda game, not more, not less. Hardly any story worth mentioning, lots to explore, lots to fight and tons of high quality mods.

Settlement building is certainly an aspect to love or hate. I love it, but that's down to individual tastes.

If you played and a fan of FO3 and new vegas, FO4 is probably going to be a disappointment. that explained the mass negativity about it. you'll find it fun if you're new to the series, I guess. especially if you're a fan of FPS game.

I find the game rather... disappointed.

Mainly because I love new vegas stories and the creativeness in it dialogue choices and FO4 completely butchered it.

I bought it like 2 years ago played through and complete the main quest, never touch it again.

I just started playing it again recently because of mods and I find the game is much much better now with some of the fixed and patches + some amazing armour and weapon mod like this one http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21162/

Depends on what you expect. It's a Bethesda game, not more, not less. Hardly any story worth mentioning, lots to explore, lots to fight and tons of high quality mods.

Settlement building is certainly an aspect to love or hate. I love it, but that's down to individual tastes.

So are the dlc worth it ?

I can pick the base game for 10 euro. Are the dlc worth the 10 additional euro ?

So are the dlc worth it ?

I can pick the base game for 10 euro. Are the dlc worth the 10 additional euro ?

Again, it depends on what you expect. I had the season pass, so I got them all for 29. Some, like contraptions, I probably wouldn't have bothered with. Some others, such as Far Harbor or Nuka World, certainly add to the game.

Mainly because I love new vegas stories and the creativeness in it dialogue choices and FO4 completely butchered it.

Never forget that Obsidian was doing FNV. I came to expect much higher standards in terms of storytelling with Obsidian than I do with Bethesda.

Hi there,

I have nearly the same questions like seweryn. Since mid of the nineties I am playing Fallout (1,2,Tactics,3,NewVegas and TES (Morrowind was not mine, but I loved to play Oblivion and still Skyrim (nice I landed here because I'm looking for help to install "ENDERAL". Need a step by step instruction. Read allready a lot and tried without result. Would be great if one of You could help).

0Theara brought it to the point: "...love new vegas stories and the creativeness in it dialogue...". New Vegas is great. I love it! Fallout 3 was not like the first three games but it was allright for me. I will buy it but I don't know if it is worth to buying the game of the year edition.

seweryn said: I can pick the base game for 10 euro [and the additional dlc (all of them?) for another 10]. Hey Seweryn, where is it possible? I will do it right now.

And once again to "ENDERAL" - I will start to ask for the installation-guide.

Meine Grundlagen: win10 64bit; Skyrim classic (special edition ist auch vorhanden - soll aber nicht kompatibel sein) unter steamapps/common; Skse (habe ich abgelegt wo sich TESV.EXE befindet, aber bei mir steht TESV alleine ohne .EXE - ist das okay oder umbenennen?); wenn es ohne den NexusModManager 0.63.14 ginge, wäre es mir lieber (oder gibt es eine Alternative/ältere Version?).

If someone could help me here?

Thanks for reading and maybe someone will answer my questions.

Have a nice day.