Dragon Collision

Arcticia

I had an idea to create a small mod that just adds a decently large cavern to Skyrim that has a dragon within it. I thought it was simple enough.

This is what I've done, I have enlarged some cave walls and pillars in order to create this vast beautiful cavern and I've made it large enough for a typical dragon to fly around in. I have one slight problem with my mod, the dragon simply flys through the walls, the floors and the roof. I'm unsure why this is happening.

I have a NavMesh for the cavern that has been tested and I get no errors, and I've also have tried Collision Cubes and yet still the dragon flys through walls. I can't understand why the dragon would be able to do this since I believe I've added the right items to prevent it. Does anyone know how to get Dragons to detect Collision?

well tried to check the covers in the navmesh menu? i think it's called draw cover or something like that, don't have the CK up atm. Not sure if that will help anything though, but i thought you could use it to check where the covers are located and modify a little maybe. everything white and blue colored borders are good, though blue won't matter much for a huge dragon however.

I'm extremely new to modding, but with my limited experimenting it appears to me that the game engine uses the LOD generated mesh to determine where a dragon can safely fly while it is in flight, but uses the local more detailed mesh during landing and walking/crawling. Maybe try generating the LOD in your cavern? I don't know if that's possible for an internal cell, or if it is that it works properly. I had issues the last time I tried regenerating one for an external cell I've been working on.

Edited: Due to attempting to type prior to my first cup of coffee.

Edited by AllNamesWereUsed