Has Bethesda acknowledged how broken Patch 1.5 is yet?

ProjectVRD

• 2 weeks later...

I have maybe 30 mods that I make sure to keep up to date and I haven't installed any mods that really affect game mechanics.

Same, no problems here. The patch isn't the source of the problems.

According to reports, the new Beta is designed to sort the problems caused by Patch 1.5

:blink:

The patch works well, they still have a pile of quest bugs and still have engine bugs (ahem - shadows!) but it runs very smooth.

A couple of days ago I did a clean install and ran around for a few of hours with no freezing, no glitches or anything. It looked shockingly bad since I run every possible HD mod but it ran smooth.

The mods really spoil us and that it runs at all considering all the mods we run is quite something.

I have no mods and everytime i use my Skyrim pirated version of update 1.25.000.7 I can't start game - is there something in mods ? or is it the patch?

user scorp1on0102

Wait for it.... *splash* - yep, he's a goner.

Banned for use of pirated materials - TVD.

I didn't update yet, because I'm waiting to hear news about some things. That said, I'm using a big mod called project frenzy, but while it isn't updated right now, there's something that I'm sure could be updated, and that is the level uncapper.

It seems the level uncapper plugin is "Elys uncapper" in the skse plugins folder. Does it work with the lastest version of skyrim? [1.5.0.25 something-like-that]

And also, is the smithing level up working properly in the lastest skyrim update? It was acting up badly and not working properly with some mods, right?

With me it seems to be the player home mods I've been trying, Asteria and Overlook tower are notable as I can't run them at all. Deus Mons drops me to desktop now and again but I suspect it may be W.A.T.E.R. thats causing me probs there. Its worth mentioning that I uninstalled Dovakiin Hideout but the trapdoor is still in Breezehome and elsewhere and I can still use it, odd, must be something left in the skyrim folder, will have a look. Generally tho, CTD has got better as I've been able to update some mods. It was unplayable after 1.5 but got better as I removed any mods relating to places and areas, slowly put them back when refreshed.

Mine runs fine after I updated More Dynamic Shadows to the 1.5 compatible version. I guess that's what was causing the hang-ups and crashes for me.

I don't think it's the update, it's the mods, and it's not fair or realistic to expect Bethesda to plan patches to work with the thousands of mods floating around online.

My game also runs fine, and I'm only running 2 mods, both basic. One is my own, which would be finished if Papyrus didn't suck, but that's another story. Anyway, it seems every patch people keep complaining it broke the game, when 1.2 was the only one that actually did. I've come to the conclusion it's either...

1.) Mods. Simply put, mods. Conflicts are rising and without the better tools we have for Oblivion, F3, and NV, we can't fix some of these. It's likely that some mods modify things they don't even need to. Any veteran knows how touchy the CS and GECK was, CK is the same. You wanna check the settings of something, click out of it, but the CK takes something you did as a change anyway. A mod that adds a house might modify Jorrvaskr for no reason. It happens. Add a bunch of these errors conflicting with one another, boom, CTD eventually.

2.) Hardware differences. I think this is less likely than mods, but not by much. Maybe we should post specs for each update of the people that are ok and those not. I'm going to, it couldn't hurt at least.

3.) Some pre-CK mods.

Anyway, here are my specs. Well, the ones that could matter. I run the game between high and ultra with the official high res.

CPU: Intel i7 2600K at stock 3.4GHz with Hyperthreading enabled.

RAM: 12GB of Corsair 1333MHz Dual Channel. 3 modules.

HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200RPM

Graphics: Sparkle GTX 460 2GB. Run at 1920x1080.

Sound: Onboard 8.1

Edited by AxlRocks