I have som weird problem with lydia

TLegenden

First, sorry if my english is bad x) im swedish :P

Something very weird has happened. When I try to trade with lydia, nothing happens. She just says "I am sworn to carry your burdens" and then it goes back where you come when you want to talk to her.

If i choose the last save i did manually it works but i dont wanna do all that quests again. If i try to open the console and finish all quests i have done, nothing happens. The console opens but the code wont work :/

any ideas of how i can fix it? I have made a backup folder with no mods, only the original folder, but nothing works.

If you want, i can upload the savefiles here so you can test if it works for you or see how i can fix it?

none can help me? :(

Hey, man, I have had many threads here about different issues, and no one ever helps. So don't hold your breath. Either they don't want to help, or, this is my guess, they don't know how. It is a broken game, and it is more broken after these damaging patches than it's ever been. 1.4 and 1.5 have destroyed my game. After trying all different kinds of things to fix my game, I have concluded that nothing works at this point. I have removed it from my hard drive until I know it has finally been patched. Here are the problems I was having:

1. Pixels Galore! - After 1.5, I got pixels all over the place...constantly, and it turned out to be my upgraded video card. There is no excuse for this type of thing to happen. The way I fixed it was to turn off the anti-aliasing.

2. Corrupted Save Files - After 1.4, I entered an area (I no longer remember where), and I fell through the floor on the other side of the load screen. Almost all the textures were completely gone. When I went to reload the game, ALL of my Save Files were corrupted, and the game would no longer load...AT ALL! I had to delete and reload the game, starting over after reaching level 33.

3. No More Fast Travel - After 1.5, I could no longer fast travel. Then I found that some of my save files would allow me to, but there was no rhyme or reason as to why, all the sudden, I could no longer fast travel after leaving a dungeon or a city. Strange...never figured this one out.

4. Enemies No Longer Recognized Me As An Enemy - After 1.5, all the sudden, no one saw me as an enemy until I initiated combat. This corruption was throughout ALL my Save Files. Once again, I had to delete and reload the game over again after reaching level 10.

5. THE BIG ONE! - After reloading the game again, playing completely Vanilla, I got the where I have to meet Irileth in the main quest to fight my first dragon. When I get to the place where she meets me, she says what she's supposed to say, but my journal objectives never change to "Kill Dragon." So the dragon continues flying overhead, he never lands, and he is invincible to arrows. This was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. There is no need for me to play this broken game at all if I can't even move forward with the main quest.

One of these days, maybe in the next year or so, they will fix this freakin' game, but until then, there are plenty of other great games to play that aren't broken at all.

Good luck with this garbage.

P.S. Oh, and I am sick and tired of hearing the same freakin' excuse over and over...The game is epic and so huge that things like this are bound to happen. WRONG! Maybe a couple of things, yes. But when you release patches that damage the game more and more with each release, and you have Steam enabled, which doesn't allow you to go back to the previous patches. When the main quest doesn't even work. When there is no phone number to call for support on a game that netted the company (Bethesda) millions of dollars in revenue, then there is simply NO EXCUSE for this ridiculous nonsense!

@Atreyuu2003

I don't know what have you done with your game, but I know those things you mentioned - total crap. 1.5 patch works perfectly. None of the issues which you have is patches fault - obviously you yourself have screwed your game up - that doesn't give you the right to come here giving this and blame patch. Sure it's easier than blame yourself - if those arguments were correct - then why my game with around 100 mods, works better than ever, like 20 fps increase, smoother performance overall? I'm sure that there are bugs in game here and there, but your arguments are just silly - you said you uninstalled the game... then you have nice time updating your vid drivers and perhaps next time you'll know to look for some help for example in forums and such before making these statements.

Sure free speech, no problem - I have nothing against your opinion, but in this case it isn't true.

@ TLegenden

Sorry mate - I don't have much which helps... you tried earlier save I guess, try to dismiss Lydia then save, load again and then get her back... You know hard to help try everything lol good luck

@ Atreyuu2003

Oh, sorry to hear that :( The only problem i have had is this and a few small bugs with quests.

@ ScorpionHunter

Yeah, i have tried earlier saves :/

try to dismiss Lydia then save

I hav tried that many times.. she just says the usual but she does not go home, but continues to follow me :blink:

I solved the tradeproblem by going through the console. And the problem i had with the console was probably me who wrote something wrong and did not see it. I was tired then x)

One thing I forgot to say before is that her clothes have been changed to this: http://www.gamershell.com/static/screenshots/23976/534228_full.jpg o_O and i have no idea why.. I have tried to change it to dwarmer armor but it doesn't work.

Tlegenden!

Try using "Kill" on Lydia in the console - and after that "Ressurect 1" on her. Perhaps this will "reset" her - and you'll be able to trade with her again!

Sincerely