Combat style mod

samuraiche

Hey, I'm not a modder myself, so I can only ask: How difficult would it be to create a mod that changes the way certain weapons are used and their animations?

I was just wondering because I went and made an Akaviri (Ashen) character with a real samurai feel, using blades armour and weapons and all, but I'm a bit dismayed by the fact he wields them like european weapons, especially when I practise kenjutsu and aikido myself.

What are the chances of someone making a mod that rescripts the animations and feel to using Akaviri weapons to be more suited for their intended use?

I don't know, man, but I'd KILL for them. I use Blades Samurai Replacer that makes the Blades Armor look almost exactly like Samurai gear and the Red-Black retexture for Blades armor to add to the samurai feel.

I use them with Weapons of the Shogunate, which has a ton of wicked weapons from the Edo period, but they all look really stupid with the Skyrim animations. Holding the 2H sword with his hands too close together, for one, and then grunting like he's swinging a goddamn tree when it's only a katana... I got this voice mod ( http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=10950 ) to fix that sound issue, but it still doesn't look right...

I wouldn't even mind if they were more like anime or fantasy animations, as long as they were closer to actual Asian styles than Skyrim's default... especially since the sword itself is of so little value. It's the style that really matters, and quite frankly, I'm disappointed to see my character has about as much finesse as a lumbering drunk. I'd like animations like the ones in the Way of the Samurai games.