Fallout 4 Update still "broken"?

metaphorset

I haven't played Fallout 4 since right before the CC update debacle so I'm still on version 1.9.4 (also have a backup of the complete folder laying around).

Since Steam is nagging me all the time about pending updates whenever I want to download other games, I thought I'd ask around if it's really worth the hassle.

- Is the update worth it for some reason?
- Are there any new interesting things in f4se I would miss if I didn't update?

- Any interesting and exciting mods that rely on the latest f4se?

- Does Bethesda still think they have the right to dump unwanted crap on my ssd?

Thanks in advance

-no, only to stop Steam from nagging you.
-not that I know if
-nothing big, just a few mods that add skin-swapping options using the method added with the patch.
-yes

However, to answer the actual question in the post title. No, just update F4SE and any mods that use it and you should be good to go.

Recently - due to windows refusing to update- I had to wipe my system. Thus I had to reinstall FO4 from scratch going from 1.9.4 to 1.10.4. I haven't experienced any issues - apart from having to delete 680 Mb of CC stuff.......... :wallbash:

But - mind you- I built my game from bottom up and have started all over with modding it, thus getting the latest updates etc. At the same time I decided to scrap my old saves :sad: Last time I did this was because I went on-line to buy the SP. Steam updated my game and my saves went down the drain - unusable...... :pinch: But at least only one mod had to be deleted then.

As for stability - runs fine so far. But I haven't ventured into Boston City yet. Got 155 active mods.