Oblivion weather script help

I recently made an exterior home and can't seem to find a way to stop rain from coming through the roof.

Wanted to see if anyone could help make a script or something to make it to where the cell containing the home never got rain or thunderstorms?

Hmmm... once possible concern is that the weather will change gradually when entering that cell, so it could still be raining when you get inside.

A possible safeguard is to use a script on the door the force the weather to something else when activated.

But dint he mention he made home at exterior? No need for door if its exterior. Maybe should make event zone around your home. Like if you pass near your house the weather changes to no rain but still is cloudy... SOrry I dont know how to explain this but Im sure one of those more experianced moreds will translate it for you or even tell you howto do it :)

You can force weather changes but even then it has a 1-2 second delay at the fastest... so even if you had a script on the door that opened you'd more than likely see the rain coming through the roof.

It sucks but you can mimic the cell as an Interior and just make it an interior cell if you were using the house with see-through windows or something. In my opinion that's the best solution.

• 2 weeks later...
You can take a look at my Spookyhouse mod. There I used a script to force the weather to a thunderstorm when the player gets within 3000 units from a marker in front of the house. It releases the override as soon as the player enters the house or leaves the radius. In your case, the entering part can be omitted as the house is in an exterior. And instead of a thunderstorm, you could pick a random choice from a selection of weathers without rain. I've tried the climate option in another area in the same mod and it doesn't appear to work. It should have had only thunderstorms but more often than not it is completely clear. Possibly this is because weather mods interfere with climate settings (I use All Natural myself). The setweather/releaseweather combination works with All Natural without problems.

• 7 years later...

His house isnt a cell, it is a exterior house. Well, rain and snow falling trough the roof is a bethesda problem that no one solved yet, but yes u can add an event zone fitting your house, to change the weather, like when you are near an oblivion gate, the weather become all red and stormy. You can do something similar, but using a normal cloudy weather when u approaches ur house.

Sorry if u didnt understood everything I'm not an english speaker

• 3 weeks later...

Why not putting a marker to the center of the house and if the distance from the player to the marker is below a given threshold, force the weather to a duplicate of the Rain weather where precipitation is set to .

Wouldn't that work ?

Edited by TheMedievalsKnights

How did you do it actually ? Did you force another weather or did you access the precipitation settings of the weather and set them to 0?

Edited by TheMedievalsKnights