It's A Supernatural Life

Naktis

Whistler drove his precious Corvette over the Iron Border, and felt relaxed for the first time in ages. He pulled his car up the drive to the overhang, parked it, and turned it off. He searched the glove compartment for the keys to the generator shed, and safe house main door, then locked his car. He went to the generator shed, unlocked it, and made sure it was in working condition and had enough spare fuel canisters before he locked the shed, and went to the main door. He unlocked it, and went to the basement to turn on the main power connection to the power lines. The generator was for the panic room and emergencies only. He flicked on all the switches, and nods as he hears the hum of electricity running through the house as the vents started circulating air. Edited by BaldurAnthology

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

July watched as the old man left with the slight frown on her face. She found it odd how sure this man was that whatever stopped the time was a Trickster. Sure he is old and maybe he hunted monsters for most of his life but an overheard conversation of strangers... there's no way that something like that would be enough no matter the years of experience.

The hunter turned to Raven. "If he truly has a safehouse in the area maybe Jim knows something about this Whistler guy..." She asked even though it sounded more like a statement.

Whistler felt bad for the youngster hunters, he heard somethin about a shower. He remembered the guest house in the old barn. He decided to take a look and make sure it was in good working order. He went to the key cupboard in the kitchen, found the right key, and went to unlock the guesthouse. As he suspected, the place was well maintained, as several other elderly hunters used the place as base or just respite, and well stocked with canned goods. He tested the pipes, and found that they worked too. He walked back down the road to the youngster hunters, and shouted out "Hey! July, and Raven and whatever the rest of yer names are, listen up! I got a guesthouse if anyone needs to take showers, or clean clothes, food, you name it. The farmhouse is a base for hunters, most old hunters have keys, I can get you lot spares if you need them." He offers the youngsters a sealed bottle of alcohol. "Think of it as a peace offering. I mean, a crazy old codger comes out of nowhere, and says it has to be a trickster from a little bit of overhearing? More to it, obviously. You see, my friend Craig is a traffic and weatherman, but also a sort of Eye in the Sky for hunters. he maintains a radio and keeps track of us all. He saw I was the closest, and said possibly a trickster in the area. That's all," Edited by BaldurAnthology

Jim had gone out onto the porch with his shotgun in one hand.

"Whistler? Yeah, he set up in these parts before I did. Never really said much to me, and vice versa. Don't suppose there's nothin' wrong with him...'cept maybe onset of Alzheimer's, hehehe."

Raven listened as Whistler returned with his "peace offering." She was still skeptical about him, but she felt more comfortable knowing that Jim had heard of him.

"Well," she nodded to David, "There's your shower if you want it."

Jim grinned at Whistler, jerking his thumb at his sign, "Spirits do make the world go 'round, don't they?"

Whistler laughed. "I guess they do. Jim, was it? Never really spoke to you much before. Never needed to. Had I known you were a hunter, I mighta invited ya for a drink before." Still chuckling, he said, "Whomever needs clean clothes, food, water, meds I got everythin a hunter needs. Includin a good stock of ammo and other weapon maintenance tools. And a Bunker, in case of emergencies, but it usually ain't necessary Border repells most everythin. And the sprinkler tank is full of holy water mixed with salt. Nothin gets in undamaged." Whistler nods at that to himself, and continues "C'mon over! There's one of me and a bunch of you. I'm 76. What threat could I be?" Whistler starts down the road again, gesturing the others to follow. "C'mon! Don't be shy! House is big enough for all of you, and I could use someone other than myself to talk to. I'm gettin boring. Always the same things to hear from myself over and over." He grins. Edited by BaldurAnthology

July felt slightly relieved that Jim heard of Whistler before but still this old man was really odd. She still however did not approve of this lingering. There are cases that needs to be solved. She then glanced at others. "If you wish to go then fine by me. I will go and look into those two cases we talked about earlier." Edited by Naktis

David nodded. "Much appreciated, Whistler. I think we're going to get along pretty well." He turned to the others. "I'm going to go with him; shower, maybe grab a bite to eat. July, if you're still here when I get back, I'd be more than happy to help with the two incidents." He went to the car, once again, to fish out a change of clothing.

"Alright, July. I think I'm going to check this place out," Raven said. She pulled her phone from her pocket and gave July her number, "Call me if you find anything. I'd like to help, too."

"Good to have ya! Now, the guest house for you guys to shower in is around back, I suggest any girls shower there, guys can shower in the main house so there's no tom foolery!" Whistler directs Raven to the old barn, and walks towards the main house to start cooking. He got some cured meats from the freezer in the basement, which was powered by solar panels so it would never melt or be without power, and starts cooking in the kitchen, along with some canned vegetables, and fried potatoes, from the stock of potatoes in the root cellar.