It's A Supernatural Life

Naktis

"Thanks. I'll call if I need any help." She said and walked up to her car as others left for Whistler's place.

She got into a car and started an engine. Send Me an Angel by Scorpions blasted through the speakers. She glanced at Jim's place and drove off.

After a rather long journey she had finally reached Buffalo. The first thing she did is she changed her clothes to look more like FBI agent instead of a goth girl. She really hated to pretend to be from the authorities but it was the only way to get her hands on useful information that might save lives of many innocent people.

From a really young looking doctor she managed to get copies of autopsy documents of the victims after she inspected the bodies.

After she was done with the hospital, July rented a room in one cheap motel.

The hunter locked the door behind her and sat on the bed with the documents. From what it seems someone wrote very incorrect information in the newspaper. Whatever monster was attacking people it wasn't a werewolf and not only because of the wrong moon phases. Judging by the condition of the bodies alone it was obvious that something... "Nevermind. I won't be calling anyone just yet. I still need to talk with the relatives." July said to herself and closed the folders.

Edited by Naktis

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raven sat down at a table and looked around. The place seemed cozy enough.

"So," she began, "What got you into the business?"

"Bit late for that, boy." Whistler said, as he put the plates of food on the table, then sat down at the head, in the big carved armchair. "I was 26 when I started. A demon named Azazel came to visit. He had yellow eyes. This might be before your time o' course. Now, my sister and I, well, we were all that was left, after ma and pa died. We got by. Now Azazel came and was saying that I have a destiny and powers and stuff, and my sister was a hunter, and would hear none of it, pulling out a Kubar knife, they are for pinnin a demon to the spot, 'case you didn't know. Azazel turned on her and.." He breaks off, takes a pull on a bottle of Whisky before continuing." He killed her in front of me, but wouldn't kill me. I tried to stab him with that knife, but he smoked out before I could. For 20 years, I hunted that thing, killing whatever got in my way, and exorcising what I couldn't. I heard a while back that some kids managed to do that, so instead I started searching for other things. Heard of a weapon that could kill anythin, not the Colt, a Sword. I figured, if I was gonna provide one thing to be remembered by, it would be that." Whistler rubs his eyes with the back of his sleeve. "Eat, it'll get cold. I'll see about what desserts are here," He wanders off towards the pantry to get evaporated milk and jello pudding packets. Edited by BaldurAnthology

July leaned against her car and sighed. This whole situation was strange. The bodies look nothing like they were attacked by a werewolf and the newspaper was messed up too. A lot of details just didn't match.

The hunter already talked with the friends and relatives of the victims and it seems that all of them were going to camp out in the forest outside the city and that's where they were last seen alive. July already had an idea who or rather what is attacking people and if she was right it won't be easy to catch one...

She took her phone from the pocket and stared at its screen for a moment. Should she call for backup or not yet?

Edited by Naktis

Raven had cleaned her plate while Whistler finished his story. She hadn't realized how hungry she was until she smelled fool cooking. There was only so far a meager continental breakfast would carry you.

As she took her plate to the kitchen sink, she felt a sort of kinship with Whistler. Her grandparents had been killed in roughly the same manner by Vance.

July sighed again, got in her car and started the engine. She looked at the road ahead and drove off.

The hunter pulled her car over by the road and glanced at the forest. Somehow it seemed much bigger than it probably is. She pulled her phone from her pocket and dialed Raven's number. "Come on... answer already." July mumbled as she looked around impatiently.

Suddenly, Raven's phone began to ring. She motioned to get David's attention, "Got a call. Be right back."

She went out and leaned against the side of the house, flipping her phone open, "Hello?"

July sighed in relief when Raven answered. "Hello, Raven? This is July. I checked this job and there's definitely something. It's not a werewolf. Whoever wrote that article got all the details wrong. I suspect that it might be a Wendigo." And then she heard that sound she feared to hear. Low battery. "My phone has low battery so I can't talk for a long time. I pulled over by the forest where all the victims were last seen. There's some map or something right in front of me. Hope that hel..." Her call was cut off by her phone dying. "Stupid piece of junk!" She said out loud and threw the phone on the passenger's seat.