I want to make a quest mod but I have no scripting knowledge.

So I just got hit by a brainstorm and I want to express my ideas by making my own mod. I got a long list of things I need to add that I have no idea how to even well add

This is my list

>Make a quest to kill someone then loot an item in their inventory

>Make a quest to get near a building

>Make npcs talk to each other

>Make dialogue that changes over time depending on your actions

>Those slide show things you see in the vanilla ending.

MARKED, HAIL THEGABRIELSHALLRISE!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best thing you can do is start trying to teach yourself. The first two things you want to do are really easy, and they would be a great way to get yourself familiar with the editor. Seddon4494 (not to mention YouTube in general) has great videos on beginner and intermediate topics, and Google and the new wiki (geckwiki.com) will be very helpful as well. My suggestion to you is to try to tackle the first two items on the list using these resources and to post back if you get stuck.

If you want to have to kill an NPC, you will need to make one, so I would start there.

You must have Windows 10 if I understand you. Close the GECK, open it again, and try this:

The video uses the Obsidian Conversation Editor, which isn't normally affected by this bug, though it will get the same bug if you open something else that gets the bug (like Perks and Effects forms), but until then, it should work rather well, and the bug occurs only on conditions, not topics, in the OCE.

Edited by EPDGaffney

I need more information than that. What exactly have you done, what response do you get from the editor and the game, and how exactly is it not working?

If you got to the point of testing in-game and this is your first mod, perhaps you've forgotten to enable the .esp in your load order?

If you think screenshots would be useful, they probably would. If you have an easy method of grabbing them, great, and if not, I use Lightshot:

https://app.prntscr.com/en/index.html

Great. Can we have some more screenshots? Anything you worked on that you can think of, especially if it's referenced in the video, link me.

My guesses are that you either never changed his voicetype:

https://prnt.sc/hyuwge

or you never enabled your quest:

https://prnt.sc/hyuxct

I included Priority in that red rectangle in case you didn't put that at 50-ish, which I don't completely understand the way it works but does have some influence on the way the game processes your dialogue.

The reason I mention the Voicetype is that I don't see that See you later line in your dialogue tree screenshot, and it's an easy step to miss.

And last, there's a good chance that if you watch the video again and check your work at each step, you'll find some spot where you missed something small and that will fix it.

Edited by EPDGaffney