I want to make a quest mod but I have no scripting knowledge.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry. Thought your last post indicated you were successful ("... then yeah!"). If not, you need to provide more detail as to what still remains to fix. Try to be more explicit. Remember that we can't see anything. We can only go by your descriptions.

-Dubious-

Alright so what happens is this.

I recorded the dummy voice file.

I located where it is then I deleted it

Then I pulled out the files from my voice actor's recordings then renamed it to the dummy's voice file.

Also I have the lip generator files but GECK does not see them

I'm guessing they're not in the right format. How did you record them? At the very least, they have to be mono files and they should be .ogg when your mod is done, but they need to be .wav to generate lip files. I don't remember the other specifics, like sample rate and bit rate, if they're important, but I would assume you're using either mp3 or a stereo file, and converting it to the right specifications should sort you out.

Right but are they mono? I believe they need to be. And did you make them exactly the same name in exactly the same place as what the GECK wants? If all that's correct, you can upload one of them here and I can try to get it working in my GECK and let you know how I did that.

Please see 'Tip: Adding a new sound (noises/fx) file' (by EPDGaffney) under the 'Music & Sounds' section of the
wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article for the specifics he is having a "senior moment" regarding.

• OGG Vorbis sound files should be mono, 44.1KHz, Bit rate: constant, 48kbps (128kbps for dialogue). Still need to generate WAV files to make LIP files since GECK won't make them, but once the LIP file is done you can dispense with the WAV file. (See the Dialogue & Lip-synch section.) On average, an OGG file uses much less memory.
  • When in doubt about which "KHz sample rate" to use, be guided by what similar vanilla sound files in the same location are using.

-Dubious-