ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

A little texture advice please :)

Trueform

Hi guys,

I have a texture all set up and applied to my model, but I don't know how to 'glue' it onto the model (sorry, I don't know the technical term :( ). Basically, I know that if I want to animate a model, the texture will need to be somehow attached to the model, but at the moment whenever I move the model, the texture stays in the same place due to the uvw co-ordinates. Can anyone please help me with this problem?

I'm not qute sure what you mean... maybe you can post a pic of the problem?

Hmm I'm not quite sure if a pic will help, due to the fact it will only show a blank or warped texture.

I have unwrapped the UVWs and used pelt mapping, made the texture and added it via the material editor onto the model. When I move the model, however, the UVW co-ordinates stay in the same place while the model moves, causing the texture to warp and change. I am still a beginner to be honest, but I know there should be a way to stick the texture onto the model somehow, so when the model moves, the texture will move with the model. I just don't know how! If I'm still not explaining myself properly, I will try to get a few pics to show what I mean if possible, just let me know if it's needed :)

If you simply mean that if you deform the mesh, like skinned meshes with blend weights that are animated, the dimensions of the polygons on the surface of the mesh itself will change to various degrees, however the the dimensions of the UV co-ords that correspond to those polygons remains undeformed, causing what amounts to stretching... then that is normal behaviour. You can't deform the mesh and expect that wouldn't cause inaccuracy in the UV (it doesn't update itself)

I mean you can animate the UV in a very specific set of circumstances to account for stretching, but that's almost certainly not the solution you want.

Ok, I took some pictures, maybe this will help :)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a128/Trueform/Prob01.png

This is my textured model.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a128/Trueform/Prob02.png

This is the message I get when I try to move the model.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a128/Trueform/Prob03.png

This is the result when I continue past that message, and when I move the models, the textures stay in the same co-ordinates while the models move. Sorry if this is a really simple or obvious problem, but I guess anything is only simple if you know how to do it. Anyhoo, like I said, I want to start animating the model, but obviously I can't animate it if the textures are staying in the same place while the model moves around o_O anyone know where I'm going wrong? Thank you in advance :)

Are you trying to do vertex transforms under the UVW modifier or something? Anyway collapse the stack or if you really need vertex transforms and you are trying to animate under the other modifiers, add an edit poly at the top of the stack and animate the verts in that. Edited by Ghogiel