Are standalone paintings mods safe to delete?

e1grey

Hi.
I downloaded a bunch of standalone paintings to add some variety to decorations, but then I discovered the mod Posters For You, which allows to add my own images to the workshop menu. Now I want to get rid of all the paintings I installed previously, but I know that deleting some workshop mods may mess up my menu. Does anyone know if it's safe?

removing mods and continuing on that save is not a smart move, generally speaking, and it's best to avoid doing so if at all possible.

that said, my advice in this situation would be to scrap (not store) any paintings you've built in your settlements, and make sure you've read the descriptions and sticky posts of the mods you plan on removing to make sure you know to uninstall these mods. mods that add new menus to the workshop/build menu usually do so with the script injection method and will state how to properly uninstall without losing menus in the description of the mods- some require to use a chem to uninstall, some have a holotape to remove safely, others use Settlement Menu Manager, so there are a few different ways.

without knowing the mods you plan on removing, that's all i can really say about it.. just make sure you read up on the mods you plan on removing so you uninstall them safely. it's simple, but not a one size fits all situation

removing mods and continuing on that save is not a smart move, generally speaking, and it's best to avoid doing so if at all possible.

that said, my advice in this situation would be to scrap (not store) any paintings you've built in your settlements, and make sure you've read the descriptions and sticky posts of the mods you plan on removing to make sure you know to uninstall these mods. mods that add new menus to the workshop/build menu usually do so with the script injection method and will state how to properly uninstall without losing menus in the description of the mods- some require to use a chem to uninstall, some have a holotape to remove safely, others use Settlement Menu Manager, so there are a few different ways.

without knowing the mods you plan on removing, that's all i can really say about it.. just make sure you read up on the mods you plan on removing so you uninstall them safely. it's simple, but not a one size fits all situation

Nothing is mentioned on the mod pages about uninstalling them. They don't add any subsections, but only paintings to the "paintings" subsection. I wouldn't be asking about it here, if the modders had put their warnings in the descriptions.

Nothing is mentioned on the mod pages about uninstalling them. They don't add any subsections, but only paintings to the "paintings" subsection. I wouldn't be asking about it here, if the modders had put their warnings in the descriptions.

should be totally fine to just uninstall through NMM or whatever mod organizing program you use then.

should be totally fine to just uninstall through NMM or whatever mod organizing program you use then.

Yep. Just deleted them, and the menu works fine.

Thanks a lot.