Healthcare and the Supreme Court

sukeban

Opinions on the Affordable Care Act  

6 members have voted

1. 1. If you were a Justice of the Supreme Court, how would you rule?

• In favor of Affordable Care Act
    • Against the Affordable Care Act
  2. 2. Repeal and replace or simply repeal?

• Repeal and replace with something else
    • Simply repeal
    • Don't repeal
  3. 3. What should replace it?

• Single-payer health coverage
    • Expanded Medicare, but not universal
    • Smaller, targeted reforms
    • Nothing, healthcare is fine as it is
    • Other, please explain in answer

What I find perplexing is that as it currently stand people are going to be mandated to buy insurance that is provided by the health insurance industry , a very advantageous situation for them and it was them who funded the opposition (many of whom are the same people leading this Supreme Court challenge) to health care reform .Now its true that a majority of Americans are against this Health Care Act but much of that support is crossover support from the people who say this isn't the single payer system they wanted in the first place and when asked do you support a universal single payer system it swings the other way , depending where the question is poised it ranges from 60 - 70 % support. It seems to me that the people who are pushing for this to be struck down are just doing it for partisan political ends ie anything with the Obama name attached to it must be defeated. Cause its likely that if its struck down the pendulum will swing back the other way and the idea of a Universal Health Care System will be back on the table , at least that's what I've been reading from the Universal Health Care camp , they want this bill to be struck down as unconstitutional as much as those who are against Obama.

Strange the anti- Obama groups having worked so hard to defeat a Universal Health Care System could literally be shooting themselves in their own foot if this is struck down.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange the anti- Obama groups having worked so hard to defeat a Universal Health Care System could literally be shooting themselves in their own foot if this is struck down.

It's a risk I'm willing to take, which is better than allowing it to stand and get to see what new intrusions his excellency will propose in a subsequent term. If this legislation stands he will be emboldened to try more of the same.

It's a risk I'm willing to take, which is better than allowing it to stand and get to see what new intrusions his excellency will propose in a subsequent term. If this legislation stands he will be emboldened to try more of the same.

And that is EXACTLY why I won't the supreme court to toss it. The precedent set here is just dripping with potential abuse. And god knows congress wouldn't be able to resist.....