Has Skyrim stolen all our modders?

RedClairefield

Sure, Skyrim is newer... but I don't care for the setting one bit. I'm in love with sci fi, and I love dieselpunk, and the western themes in New Vegas are amazing, too. I know it gets stale after a while for people to mod the same game for years, but there's still a lot of potential and I don't want to wait around for Fallout 4 to see this setting expanded upon.

I certainly hope that people will continue to mod for New Vegas since these games are too damned few and far between to have nothing to do but sit around and twiddle your thumbs until the next one comes out. The mods that I've gotten here are what allows me to still enjoy the game and some of them have outdone the original game itself, not only in technical terms but also imagination and originality.

I'm looking forward to the next commercial release but until then I can not express enough my appreciation for all that you guys do to keep FNV as fresh and up to date as possible and I only wish I shared your talent.

Thanks.

Well, maybe new players being introduced to Bethesda (Skyrim) will turn to FNV while twiddling thier thumbs waiting

a DLC for Skyrim, maybe induce more modding action for FNV.

I played FO3 years ago and with Skyrim played out till a DLC, I decided to check out FNV ...so maybe I am one of many looking this way.

At anyrate, Skyrim modding, by a large percent is being done by "first timers" with no modding experience.

Can you imagine the version numbers being thrown out there :wallbash:

Edited by Sirropoo

I've been one game behind in modding terms for a couple of years now. I was modding up FO3 when FNV was big, and now I'm digging deep in FNV while Skyrim's all the rage. Between all the patches, DLCs and Stutter Remover, it took so long for FNV to finally be complete and stable and smooth that I didn't even bother trying to mod it until it stopped changing from under me.

Skyrim's fun, but honestly I've never been into the sword-and-fantasy gaming genre. If I start modding Skyrim, it'll probably just be to get familiar with the new scripting engine before it finds its way into Fallout 4. That's the title I'm eagerly waiting for.

I'm still here and will be for some time. http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/dance.gif

I just updated NVInteriors about a week ago and, just released a (Beta version) of DCInteriors_RFCW today, this new (old) mod requires RFCW. (It essentially combines all of my efforts from both FO3 and, FNV into an FNV compatible mod.)

I'll be adding new content for FO3 through a RFCW requirement and, continually updating NVInteriors.

I'll be here until FO4! I'm also not a fan of the fantasy stuff, (even though Oblivion was my first exposer to Beth games!)

chuck

I don't there so much "stealing" our modders, but I'm guessing a large quantity are multi-tasking on both games. Either way the FNV nodding community won't disappear completely, just slow down when it comes to releases of new content and updates.