Patch is out

ScorpionHunter

Yeah, now waiting for SKSE patch - I hope they update quickly. I guess it's not beta anymore since I got it, just ~15 mins ago.

SKSE is available for 1.5.26 official 1.5.26 is uploaded to all who auto update on

Elys uncapper is only for 1.524 for now

Edited by ScorpionHunter

Aaw - uncheck all mods and try em one by one - and all texture mods can't be reason to not able to start, also if u have script dragon, check if it's ok, download latest SKSE and hmmm what else can I think.. hmm verify game cache from Steam - It'll work

hmm final thought you can also delete all .esps from Skyrim/data and delete also Meshes & Textures folder - but that's the hard way - make sure you have all mods backup'ed

Started Skyrim and it said SKSE does not work, downloaded new one and then it said Elys uncapper isn't working, but still loaded game - also my saves are intact (truth is Skyrim updates never touch, user documents folder, unless there are some serious mistake in Skyrim.ini or SkyrimPrefs.ini - even when there is - updater shouldn't be able to touch it ever, so people who complain about those things... I suggest all bare my words..)

Edited by ScorpionHunter

kk, I haven't had any trouble with it.. anyway people have reported that it can auto update even if it's disabled - I have no confirmation of that cause I always have auto on. But bear in mind that can happen perhaps... best choice, if you have little patience and HD space is to backup whole My Documents Skyrim folder - and whole Skyrim game folder - then they can't touch you lol

I'm just wiping it clean and re-installing from archive - and more importantly finally getting around to turning their auto-update feature off, it's simply more trouble than it's worth.

You have to disable 'Auto Update' and play offline. Otherwise it will override your Auto Update. That does it for me.

Rabbit

Thanks.

I just like to know when things are gonna be changed, and what those changes are before I apply them to my computer. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Even Microsoft at least gives you the option to be notified of changes AND selectively install them (or not).

For a single player game this distribution system is overkill, I don't need to sync with anything because I'm not interacting with anything but myself anyway.

Man, I had everything turned off for auto-update... until last night. Then I finally updated to 1.5.24 and grabbed Ely's, Skse, Script Dragon, and the various other mods that require updates to work with 1.5.24...

Lowe and behold, Bethesda updates their patch again, and now everything I waited to update for, is broken, again.

No warnings, no notices, nothing, just a trashed game.

I normally use Skyrim Unplugged as it completely blocks Steam from updating. Of course, anytime Steam client itself updates, it wipes out any user settings for steam and you have to re-run the Skyrim Unplugged. Running Steam offline normally prevents this, but they have complete control...

Anyway, as I said, I had waited a full week (actually a bit longer I think) to turn Unplugged back off so I could update last night. Got everything working with the various mods listed above... tested, all worked fine. Went to bed... Now, it is all trashed again and there is no way to revert.

I Seriously wish they would provide patch_xxx_.exe files, so we could backdate or do a full install from DVD and only update to whatever version we want. This auto patch, even when supposedly disabled, is really frustrating.

Ever watched the steam.exe running via taskmanager? It varies it's memory usage from as low as 7.5 meg, to well over 140 meg. Even when in OFFLINE mode. That is steam sending data to them, as well as downloading from what they call the "Cloud" which is nothing more than advertisements for OTHER games.

Edited by Bannor9

I'm not sure I even understand the whole point of the "cloud".

There is no way I can run the game the same way on my laptop than I can on my home PC - so the files uploaded to the cloud (settings, save games) are basically useless because both computers have to be configured (and modded) differently (meaning sharing them is futile).