WETriggerscript Error resolved !

AngeGardien

Ok, basically I also got this error just few days ago. Here is what happened:

Unable to load a save. If I click on a save from main menu to load, 1 or 2 secs later, Skyrim shutdown.

I tried to start new game, but then it give Wetriggerscrypt error with 3 other numbers...

So, i thought to myself that it must be one of the mod I donwloaded that cause this conflicts. I tried several differnt ways to revert this without reinstall the game and after few hours of tries, i managed to get the game run again without uninstall or using creation kit as other suggested.

Here is what I did.

The problem is from the mod called W.A.T.E.R - Water and Terrain Enhancement Redux.

Firstly, USE nexus manager and make sure you install this MOD again with all the options ticked. Yes install it again, make sure get yourself wet ticked too.

Then run the game at full setting with Water reflection all ticked.

Then start the game with the new game using Nexus.

Quit the game. Alt Tab, close the frozen window of Skyrim.

Then use Nexus, uninstall W.A.T.E.R mod completely. Then start the game again in a LOW setting.

I ticked window mode. Then i went to advance, untick all the reflection, and in the view distance setting, ticked the distant object fade option.

Then Start the game, and load the game save normally. Here my Game run normal again. Yay!.

Then if you want to play your normal setting, just quit and put back your setting, then re run skyrim.

I must admit that the W.A.T.E.R mod make the water in skyrim look damn sexy and improve the scenary of the game in a better way, but then it cause my game to get Wetriggerscrypt error... so sad that I have to uninstall it and probably wait until there is a new fix to avoid this error.

Guys, at least this way worked for me several times as I tried to reinstalled W.A.T.E.R several times and run with different settings in order to see if things worked out, and I managed to revert back to normal from Wetriggerscrypt error a few times.

So I would like to share with you this way, hope things will work for you. If it does not, then you should probably just try other way or wait until there is an official way to fix.

Sorry if I have typo in this reply. I am not so good at English, please dont mind that.

Good luck

Edit:

After the post above,I tried Sharpshooter after reverting back from error and errors came again. I tried to reinstall WATER as suggested to fix water issue from Sharpshooter under water view, but it didnt help. Error again. So I had to uninstall sharpshooter from Nexus manager, then manually delete file from Sharpshooter, and repeat the steps above. Now I am back to playable state of skyrim again.

Edited by Valkyrius

Ok, basically I also got this error just few days ago. Here is what happened:

Unable to load a save. If I click on a save from main menu to load, 1 or 2 secs later, Skyrim shutdown.

I tried to start new game, but then it give Wetriggerscrypt error with 3 other numbers...

So, i thought to myself that it must be one of the mod I donwloaded that cause this conflicts. I tried several differnt ways to revert this without reinstall the game and after few hours of tries, i managed to get the game run again without uninstall or using creation kit as other suggested.

Here is what I did.

The problem is from the mod called W.A.T.E.R - Water and Terrain Enhancement Redux.

Firstly, USE nexus manager and make sure you install this MOD again with all the options ticked. Yes install it again, make sure get yourself wet ticked too.

Then run the game at full setting with Water reflection all ticked.

Then start the game with the new game using Nexus.

Quit the game. Alt Tab, close the frozen window of Skyrim.

Then use Nexus, uninstall W.A.T.E.R mod completely. Then start the game again in a LOW setting.

I ticked window mode. Then i went to advance, untick all the reflection, and in the view distance setting, ticked the distant object fade option.

Then Start the game, and load the game save normally. Here my Game run normal again. Yay!.

Then if you want to play your normal setting, just quit and put back your setting, then re run skyrim.

I must admit that the W.A.T.E.R mod make the water in skyrim look damn sexy and improve the scenary of the game in a better way, but then it cause my game to get Wetriggerscrypt error... so sad that I have to uninstall it and probably wait until there is a new fix to avoid this error.

Guys, at least this way worked for me several times as I tried to reinstalled W.A.T.E.R several times and run with different settings in order to see if things worked out, and I managed to revert back to normal from Wetriggerscrypt error a few times.

So I would like to share with you this way, hope things will work for you. If it does not, then you should probably just try other way or wait until there is an official way to fix.

Sorry if I have typo in this reply. I am not so good at English, please dont mind that.

Good luck

Edit:

After the post above,I tried Sharpshooter after reverting back from error and errors came again. I tried to reinstall WATER as suggested to fix water issue from Sharpshooter under water view, but it didnt help. Error again. So I had to uninstall sharpshooter from Nexus manager, then manually delete file from Sharpshooter, and repeat the steps above. Now I am back to playable state of skyrim again.

Its not the specific mods that you mention because I am having the exact same issues but have neither of those mods installed.

After a very frustrating week and numourous reinstalls my guess is that it could possibly be something to do with the script extender SKSE or perhaps even a conflict corruption that is coming from NMM.

I have completely removed the game from my laptop, done a registry clean using ccleaner and still have the problem. I have a feeling that another avenue might be that the 'corruption' has been saved on steams icloud and when my copy is reinstalled the corruption is being reinstalled into the game somehow.

Like the poster above I have been able to get the game to work sporatically through these reinstall processes, which is why this is so frustrating. I follow the same path and get a different result. Something outside of the uninstall/reinstall process is causing this and sadly I think it might be steam.

Im pretty much out of patience and hope of getting this fixed- ive heard so many different theories on how to fix it and tried them all. No joy.

Simply put Skyrim looked like a great game, and I got to play about 2 weeks of it, but clearly modding it has caused a catastrophic corruption that I cant seem to fix.

Now I cant even play vanilla skyrim. I think its steam but I cant seem to find a way to delete the content saved on icloud so therefore, no skyrim for me.

Sad, Sad Panda

Hi, i got the same issue. I tried something else. I downloaded the TES.exe from torrent (cracked game) and it worked. It wasnt the latest version so i couldnt use SKSE, but it suggests that its the EXE file and not the mods. I feel that Bethesda upgraded something through Steam, because yesterday i was ok and today i cant even load a game.

The bad thing about this is, that i could only use some 1.4 version of skyrim, the newer ones didnt work for me.

Anyway, hope this may help some people.

Edited by malkav17

go to C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Skyrim

open plugins.txt

should be 2 skyrim.esm

delete one of them and save the file

worked for me, but i have to do the same thing everytime i activate or deactivate a esm or esp file

I got the WETrigger problem too. Just trashed all my saves cause Bethsoft support told me they were most likely corrupted (they also indicated that this WETrigger crap is a Steam issue), anyway I saw this suggestion of yours (Plugins.txt) somewhere else.) I checked that folder (C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Skyrim) and noticed that one of the two skyrim.esm's is Skyrim.esm and the other is skyrim.esm does it make any difference as to which gets

deleted?

I solved the Problem for me.i deleted all files in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Skyrim\

no mre crashes and WETrigger errors. Im so happy :biggrin:

I think, its the LOADORDER.TXT file

I got the WETrigger problem too. Just trashed all my saves cause Bethsoft support told me they were most likely corrupted (they also indicated that this WETrigger crap is a Steam issue), anyway I saw this suggestion of yours (Plugins.txt) somewhere else.) I checked that folder (C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Skyrim) and noticed that one of the two skyrim.esm's is Skyrim.esm and the other is skyrim.esm does it make any difference as to which gets

deleted?

no just delete anyone of them

• 1 year later...