Lookin' for mods I might find interest in.

jpmonteith

This is a game I just started with all the mods in it turned on.

Edit: or do you mean something like the number of mods I have on is affecting the game in a way that it causes a glitch with the rad roaches to make their textures flicker?

Also Edit: I have 23 active mods according to the nexus mod manager.

Edited by jpmonteith

CB's ironsights are broken for all the energy weapons. They are "okay" for the ballistic weapons.

The repair costs for the stuff are crazy. I tried to repair a set of power armor (I stripped off a dead Outcast, probably on a patrol route) and it's more caps than I've ever earned (4000+!) at that point. And Moira wasn't even very good in repairing that. I had to go into global tweaks and lower the multiplier to 1.5 (it was on 2.0) (ah, love WyreFlash for that little tidbit in tweaking the global variables) Had to download a few "increase vendor caps" mod to give them more caps to even let that work.

OTOH, armor prices do go up quite a bit. Power Amor and good armor like Ranger or Talon armor can cost as much as the guns, like 1500+ or for power armor, 2000+ if they are in decent condition like 70-80%. It's the cheap armor like raider armor, that costs like 30-50 each.

I think it's price curve is just too steep. The weak weapons are just so weak, and strong weapons so strong, that it seems to favor automatics.

Here's one example... I was leading Reily's Rangers out of the lobby. I'm trying to save all of them, which means I need to kill all the muties fast, or else some of the rangers will die.

On run #1 I used A3-21's plasma, a powerful weapon, and I've used it do deliver PLENTY of headshots on muties. Yet somehow, I lost 2 out of 3 rangers during the fast battle.

On run #2, I chose Xunglong, the unique Chinese assault rifle, still going for headshots when I can, but this time I've loaded up with jet and psycho. Yet this time, I basically killed like 5-6 muties by myself, and the rangers are barely scratched. According to the DMG display, my plasma rifle was doing about 85 DMG, while my Xunglung was doing about 150+ DMG. (My Pancor shotgun according to the stats, can do 800+ damage... but at closer range.

How are CB's ironsights are broken for all the energy weapons? I didn't have any issue using the laser pistol and rifle, however the 'ironsight' for the Railway Rifle totally blocks the screen.

Did you overwrite CB's ironsights with RH_Ironsights?

Yeah, the repair costs for stuff in CB v1.8 is high but it didn't bother me...kinda seems "realistic" in a way...either pay up to fix an item, or sell it as 'junk.' :p

Even with the expensive repair costs I was still rolling in caps--the expensive prices on weapons and armor I'd get from Talon and Raiders got me "stinking rich" by level 10.

I recently restarted my game using CB 1.0 and was shocked how ridiculously cheap everything is! I'd forgotten

Like I mentioned before, I think "the economy" of newer versions of CB is just wrong. It's a bit punishing on a new character but after you kill one Talon team, you're set for the rest of the game.

On that run where you used A3-21's plasma rifle I think you had trouble in that battle cause that weapon has good damager overall but poor damage per second--it's just to slow.

BTW is the Pancor shotgun from another mod? I didn't see that one in CB but I remember it from FWE.

Anyhow with CB I guess my point is, "sometimes less is more"...or better.

The first obvious thing is that yout MMM.esp file is out of order. Move it above all the other MMM esps. You should probably have the MMM DLC files in the same order as the actual DLCs. Same for other mods.

I think you'll need some patches to run some of those mods together, e.g. MMM and FWE but an FWE expert will have to tell you which.

I tried using patches, a couple of them kept crashing the game before the main title screen.

Edit: Also, do you mean I should move the Marts Mutant Mod's DLC files above or below where the DLC are, or that I should just move them in whatever order the DLC just happen to be in?

Edited by jpmonteith