ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Where do I report a broken archive?

MichaelTorr

I'm trying to download CBBE main file, it did not finish downloading via NMM, so I manually downloaded it, and NMM refused to import it from my drive. I opened the .7z file, tested archive, it came back with lots of errors. Tried to download it again, same problem.

So I am here reporting the problem because I don't know where else to report this kind of problem.

Edited by MichaelTorr

I'm trying to download CBBE main file, it did not finish downloading via NMM, so I manually downloaded it, and NMM refused to import it from my drive. I opened the .7z file, tested archive, it came back with lots of errors. Tried to download it again, same problem.

So I am here reporting the problem because I don't know where else to report this kind of problem.

Try here: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/forum/439-open-beta-feedback/

The Rabbit

Try here: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/forum/439-open-beta-feedback/

The Rabbit

well the thing is, it's not really a Nexus Mod Manager issue. The problem is the archive is corrupt, even when downloading manually

The thing about archives, is that if an archive itself is actually broken, then everyone downloading the file would have the exact same error.

The MD5 hash of the main file as per Jan 24th 2018 (Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer - v2.5.2-15-2-5-2.7z) is:

6edbcad0151cfb0c1790a6effe30432d

You can run the same checksum by opening cmd and typing

certutil -hashfile "X:\pathtoarchive.7z" md5

and compare the hash generated. If you get a different result, the problem lies on your end. It could be bad clusters on your drive, or your internet dropping the transfer before it's finished, or anything.

An alternative is to try downloading the files from the 'old' site design. Simply replace the www. from the CBBE page address with old. and from there download the file. I've had this issue crop up a handful of times in the last week, where archive's don't show correctly when the dialogue box in my browser pop's up asking what to do with the file (save, or save and open) instead showing the file size to be 0kb and not a .rar file. Please note this only happens in Firefox, and I've not tested it with other browsers. I'm also not 100% certain if it's actually related to the site redesign (I have mentioned it to site moderators) or if it's Firefox.

@ehtyeci

I did the MD5 check, the hash didn't match.

I downloaded it again, this time to a different hard drive. This time the archive was so corrupt it couldn't even open.

@agreatweight

Took your advice, it works perfectly. MD5 matches, 7z doesn't report errors, and it installed just fine. Thank you very much for that tip.