Moderator Inquiry Request

Hello, this is a question directed at a moderator in particular.

I have one viewable mod at this time, the Sky Haven Temple Restoration Project. Yesterday, I had 996 total downloads. Today when I checked my pages status it had jumped up to 1,956 downloads. The weird thing is that there are no new comments or new endorsements and I dont think that there are many more page views. I know it is not uncommon to have a low amount of endorsements or comments on a mod but this seems rather odd to me in this case. I just want a moderators opinion on why this has happened and to find out if the number of downloads that I see represents the actual data. It would be great if I got an extra thousand downloads during my day off but I am skeptical. If it turns out that the data is not being accurately reflected on the page, I would like to see it corrected if possible, even if it would show a lower amount of downloads. Better to have accurate data than lie to myself.

Hopefully it is not a bug in the system^^.

Thanks in advance!

-Natterforme

It is interesting to see that it is not only me. I noticed yesterday that some of the newer uploaded files also jumped in downloads within a short time. It would be nice if we actually got more mod notice and recognition very quickly and no offense intended to any modder that this has happened to, but given the history of how mod downloads tend to work on the Nexus, this does not usually happen. Sure, some modders like Hentai might have enough face recognition to get a couple thousand downloads in the first day or so but this is usually not the case.

I think we would be very interested to find the source of this rapid download increase. That is, of course, if the downloads can not be traced to a legimate cause.

Thank you to any Moderators who are currently looking in to this inquiry^^.

-Natterforme

...and now, the mod I just uploaded has 800+ views, several "wow!" comments and 0 DL's. Also not likely. :confused:

That one can be explained. The downloads data updates every ten minutes or twenty minutes I believe. That means that the data you see does not necessarily reflect your download count. In about 10-20 minutes you should start seeing something. Now if you suddenly had 2000+ downloads and only 5k views then that might be off :confused: .

-Natterforme