(Feedback) The GUI

Hrenak

Mod name in NMM:

PerkPointsPerLevel - PPPL (F4 1.10.64) Perks 29.01.2018 6:35:13 29.01.2018 6:35:08 120183 1.5.6.1064 / 1.5.6.1064 TheLich

You can see mod description in the sidebar. You can see a mod file name by using RMB. The sidebar can be visible permanently without problems.

Mod name in Vortex:

PPPL (F4 1.10.64)-3938-1-5-6-1064

You have to open a mod page in a browser to see mod description. You can't see the mod file name. The sidebar blocks part of controls when visible.

No custom launch options?

Mod list scrolling is jerky, with clearly visible desync in how different elements move.

Mod list screen space usage is extremely inefficient: old NMM fits almost three times more lines at same window size, and much more information per line, and still is more readable.

Take away designer's mac and give them PC with two button mouse. Why no single element has a context menu?

When updating/downloading a mod, left sidebar size changes erratically, causing main window seizures.

You can't dismiss all notifications.

Notifications pop-up balloon don't close when you are using LMB outside of it.

Overall UI rating: it is done by a designer who had no idea what "usability" is.

You can add skse as a tool on the SSE section, and then make it primary, and pressing the play button in the top left will launch skse.

iKzoXtI.png

Errr... Where is it?

Also, why every time log in requires confirmation in browser?

Errr... Where is it?

Dashboard

I agree on the lack of "Dismiss al notification" button

And I have some problem in renaming things (If I do, changing the name of the folder/archives) I lost all the metadata linked to it.

I've missed something? --> Solved: Double click and "File name", sorry, distraction.

Edit: to the second question: It doesn't, just wait a bit and it will check user and pass by itself

Edited by HalfLazy

Errr... Where is it?

Dashboard

I agree on the lack of "Dismiss al notification" button

And I have some problem in renaming things (If I do, changing the name of the folder/archives) I lost all the metadata linked to it.

I've missed something? --> Solved: Double click and "File name", sorry, distraction.

Edit: to the second question: It doesn't, just wait a bit and it will check user and pass by itself

Dashboard? I've seen it full of promo junk and dismissed it from a list of useful tabs. So if you scroll it to bottom there is something important.

I've imported mods from NMM. Now I can't reinstall mods, because "No associated archive." The only way to fix it is to manually reinstall mod from Nexus.

When removing the mod, buttons are "Cancel" and "Remove." It is counter-conventional since by default confirmation button should be first.

The default action for a newly downloaded mod is to install and not enable. If I install the mod, I probably want to enable it right away.

No way to properly handle mod updates which are intended to be installed on top of previous version.

You can add skse as a tool on the SSE section, and then make it primary, and pressing the play button in the top left will launch skse.

iKzoXtI.png

SKSE wont launch through Vortex.

Starting it manually works fine.

Path is right, all files are installed correctly. Solution maybe?

iKzoXtI.png

SKSE wont launch through Vortex.

Starting it manually works fine.

Path is right, all files are installed correctly. Solution maybe?

Try running Vortex as administrator; that's what got it working for me.