geforce gt 520

It wasn't a bundle deal, it was my first build. I wanted the best gaming pc I could make with 350 bucks. I guess I should have allotted for a little more for the GPU, but I thought a gt 520 with 2gb ddr3 would be good enough.

You should have bought a FM1 Athlon and HD6850, if it was recently, or an Athlon X3 before, but well, too late for that now.

The amount of RAM means almost nothing, except in high-end GPU. GTX580 has just 1.5GB.

My brother, who helped me with this build had a 250 and his skyrim looks amazing. He has an I7 with 8gbs of ram though. Maybe thats why?

The game doesn't even know what CPU you have. And since intel's i5 and i7 are just two marketing names for the same line of CPUs, it wouldn't matter if it did.

Geforce GTS250 has:

* 4.8 times the memory bandwidth,

* 4.6 times the computing performance, and

* 7.2 times the texture fillrate of GT520.

That's why his game looks better - his card has more than 5 times the power.

So a used card from ebay (or elsewhere) could still save your build for very little money. A GTS250 in good condition costs $50 to $60 there with free shipping. I'm not suggesting more powerful cards due to their price and power consumption.

I wish i would have swapped him now =/ I appreciate the help though. Now I know some other things to look. Once I finish my move I'll get one and try it out. I do have two slots so what if I were to run them at the same time? Is there anything else that I should look for to see if they will work well together?

they wont. you need two of the exact same cards to run in SLI and the cards themselves need to be capeable of running in SLI. not sure a low end card like a 520 can?

they wont. you need two of the exact same cards to run in SLI and the cards themselves need to be capeable of running in SLI. not sure a low end card like a 520 can?

what about 2 cards not in sli?