⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Did "Profile Sharing" make it in...?

Bizzquik

If I might interject with a compromise suggestion that occurred to me earlier as I was setting up conflict resolutions:

Perhaps an interim solution would be that, instead of a "mod pack," sharing could consist of a file that stores, let's say STEP's, dependency rules. Users would still have to download the mods individually, but setup would be accelerated to a one-click deal. Also, a dependency-list-only file would be much easier to update in the case of a guide or mod update, thus cutting the work a small bit for everyone involved, instead of cutting the work a lot for one party by dumping more work on another party.

Just my thoughts, but if file sharing, make it so you click i want this "pack", then sit back for a few in most cases hours, and let it automagically download each individual mod from each mod authors nexus page (ensuring they ALWAYS get proper credit for their hard work), then add in the above with a dependencies list and boom, you have a mod pack that is playable, assuming if there are any ini tweaks etc, they are listed on the "pack" page, so they can be made accordingly. This gives all mod authors proper credit, it gives people new to modding a "simpler" way to get a fully modded game up and going (may take hours, but but instead of them downloading vortex does it for them). I guess I'm dense and dont understand how that isnt the best of both worlds in giving mod authors all the kuddos they rightly deserve, as well as making getting a new "pack" easier, but understanding it will still take a while to download all the mods.