Skyrim in the Future?

skyrimexpert002

I actually have pondered this idea, too, although more as a fanfiction story than anything else. It would be *far* too ambitious to actually do.

However, Drakescale's idea, to have a limited and well-defined scope, is an excellent one. Plus his particular ideas are quite awesome too!

(As I read his post, I kept hearing the X Files theme and thinking of Fallout vaults.) :D

Dwemer are not extincted, just disappeared: in Morrowind and in Oblivion was said that all dwemer's stuff didn't works outside VVanderfell. Well, in Skyrim the dwemer cities appear quite animated... Dwemer is coming?

At some point in the future that might just happen and they'll become the ultimate enemy of Tamriel. They've succeeded in making thier own god and now set to reclaim what is theirs and more.

I think it's a good idea. But what if the future is already in Skyrim? A few brilliant (lunatic) minds of Tamriel created a Sanctuary for their Dwemer-tech experiments. Two of them being fusing organics (human/mer) to Dwemer construct, and an attempt at God-hood (as the Dwemer did). The Dragonborn was captured and brought in to be experimented upon and he/she needs to find out the truth behind the experiments, stopping it and escape alive. This will create a sort of a Horror House atmosphere that resembles the future. The possability is somewhat endless ... Eery recorded voice logs which can be found throughout the Sanctuary that describe success and catastrophic failures of experiments. One notably being the explosion of Black-soul gem powered construct releasing madden souls which ate the researchers and now roaming the entire place. Children souls that had gone mad from being kept in black-soul gem for extended period of time (also one of the experiments conducted there - driving souls inside black-soul gems into madness increases the power output) ... damn >:P

I really love how they made the House of Horrors in Markarth ... >:3

Dude, firetruckin' genius XD (if you get it, it's from smosh :) )

This will create a sort of a Horror House atmosphere that resembles the future. The possability is somewhat endless ... Eery recorded voice logs which can be found throughout the Sanctuary that describe success and catastrophic failures of experiments. One notably being the explosion of Black-soul gem powered construct releasing madden souls which ate the researchers and now roaming the entire place. Children souls that had gone mad from being kept in black-soul gem for extended period of time (also one of the experiments conducted there - driving souls inside black-soul gems into madness increases the power output) ... damn >:P

Sounds like someone's been playing bioshock a little too long. :tongue:

Edited by Budz42

One of the coolest things in Morrowind, is that at the end of the main story, Dagoth Ur made an oration overturned all we knew about the War..

None is completly good, so none should be completly evil.

In my opinion the eventually returned Dwemers, should have at least neutral alignament: maybe their obsession to create a god was not focused on cruel intentions; maybe they was not going to create a god at all, but this was what their enemies told..

Dwemers was one of the greatest Nirn's empire: their colonies peacefully lived inside many differents countries, from Skyrim to Elsweyr, and over Tamriel itself.

They had the tecnology to try to overwhelm all the single realms before the Talos Empire but didn't do it, just had some regional conflicts, like anyone else.. Empire Did it, overwhelmed an entire continent, and, at the end, was the empire the god's creator....(elves tried to do so too...the Tribunal, but humans won the fight for supremacy)

Even the fusion between biology and technology doesn't seem to have cruel intentions, but was to save lives, as Yagrum Bagarn. In our world there are unfortunate people with artificial limbs: are the technicians who made them evil? or perhaps are philanthropists?

Maybe they disappeared just to protect themselves and their Knowledges from the Empire and\or from whoever wanted to steal them, afraided that someone could use it without control.. or to preserve them for the moment when it's will really needed, when the Enemy will show his real face, to be the bastion against an invasion they knew to be happen far in the future..

Their technology seemed study matter and time too, and the consequence of their union. And so the concepts of multiple planes, and had mastery in flying construct..etc.

People talking about dwemer say just two things: onest ones say that they don't know anything substantial about them, others just say that they disappeared because they losed control of their Arts.. but if it's true, why there was not collateral casualities? just dwemers disappeared, no other people, anything else; just dwemers and their knowledges, the only things whom remains in Nirn is some of thier "toys", some armors and minor projects.. but no books, no pictures, no personal stuffs...they seem to have take away all things that anyone would consider important in his life(if that things was stolen after their vanishing, we should find them around in the world..).

And the things they had to left, was deactivated in some enigmatic way, so none, even the most powerful mages or greatest graybeards, could unlock and use them.

It's doesn't seem an accident, or if it was is strangely focused... it seem more like a voluntary moving\exile... and normally it's not the act we expect from evil guys.

Edited by Jodi79

It's doesn't seem an accident, or if it was is strangely focused... it seem more like a voluntary moving\exile... and normally it's not the act we expect from evil guys.

It's been awhile since I last replayed Morrowind. So here's my 2cent. I for one think it's not a voluntary exile. The Dwemer as I see it, grew bold and arrogant with their growing knowledge of Science and Technology. There are 2 follies I believe (if I remember correctly) that the Dwemer did to prompt an action of banishment from both Aedra and Deadra.

First of all, the tales of the Dwemer trying to trick Lord Daedra Azura with the lock box (which they hid a flower(?) and later removed after Azura gave her answer). They turned on a "summonable" god. So who's to say they won't turn on the others(Aedra)?

Second, the attempt to create a god of Logic and Reason which they would call Numidium with the aid of the heart of Lorkhan. Also note that they (if successful) would use this god to crush the Chinmer(Dunmer). And who is to say they would've stopped there(there's Nords whom invaded Vvardenfell.

With 2 of these alone I strongly believe that a deal might have been struck between the Aedra (Akatosh and the 7) and Daedra (Azura and the rest of Daedric Lords) to banish the Dwemer race from Nirn. Not all, mind you, just enough to ensure that these folly were not repeated by the other races. So that might explains the lack of books of knowledge and no "casualty" being present in any Dwemer strongholds.

Edit: Just for reading -

Ancient Tales of the Dwemer, Part XI - Azura and the Box

Edited by Drakescale

it's true, but consider this: Aedra and dedra, however they are immortal, powerful and godlike, are not Gods: they act in very different way, but at the end, all they do is to try to amplify their power in Nirn, a world from which they was banished for some resons(there are variuos hypothesis). Maybe Dwemer worked with others to banish them, to reduce their influence, and so allured on themselves their hate.

About the Numidian accident, we just know that they found the heart of Lorkhan (the destruction of the object by the Nereverine made impossible to understand what's really it was...) , and the Dunmer attacked them, stole it and used it to form the Tribunal. The only reason they didn't overrun the Septim Empire, was because Talos was becoming(or yet was) a god himself, using other mysterious way. It's seem that the dwemer's enemies did (or tried to do) exactly what they impeached to dwemers....

and concerning the last objection, that was the Aedra and Dedra who make disappear dwemer's knowledge stuffs, it's could be right too: but what about everything a civilization make that is not related military or religiuos stuff? picture, novel, objects of the normal life, even cooking books :) .. we just found some cup and fork. if they would\could banish the dwemers, why their cities are still there? and the few important stuff they left(observatory etc)? why didn't banish the memory of their existence itself? and peasant, normal people and children? was guilty too? and why Yagrum Bagarn doesn't disappear? they forgot him? or maybe he is lying, and is still in Nirn because he has to do so, with peraphs the help of Dyvath Fyr, who cured him from a mortal disease whom gave the poor dwemer a very long life.. are there other people who help him? and why? to be slave of the Dwemer Overlord in the future?

All stories against Dwemer focus on a council of evil technicians working to enslave all the others.. gods and people! but an advanced civilization like dwemer's was, could make it (or try to do so) without a god on their side, with enormous armies of animunculi, and they didn't. they was quietly peaceful for all their story: all wars they did in my opinion seem defensive one, and never made a Total War like humans and mers did: just at the end they seem going crazy. Maybe dunmers, humans and aedra, who wrote the history after them, pull the fact to be on their side, it's would not the first time it happen.

And when all one, the dedra and the aedra, priestes and kings, saviours and mages, agreed in something..well it's smell like lie!

Another thing was that the dwemer disbelieve in gods, so why create one. Maybe they was creating something to defend against whose pretend to be it enslaving all the others..

I don't want seem a dwemer worshipper (well, really i am!!) but minimize them as simple mad doctors who wanted conquer the world seem too simple to me.

And, always in my opinion, to make a good story is necessary have a critic eye on the knowledge we yet have on this lore, and think a possible, concret way but not the one whoever would think, or it will be predictable.

Thanks to drakescale to post the link: the first step to make such kind of huge mod, is to have all things about.

At the moment i have any modding skill, but for brainstorming i'm available, and peraphs in future, i could learn something..

a mod need also people making simplest stuff, like putting objects or correcting text, even translators

Edited by Jodi79

it's true, but consider this: Aedra and dedra, however they are immortal, powerful and godlike, are not Gods: they act in very different way, but at the end, all they do is to try to amplify their power in Nirn, a world from which they was banished for some resons(there are variuos hypothesis). Maybe Dwemer worked with others to banish them, to reduce their influence, and so allured on themselves their hate.

About the Numidian accident, we just know that they found the heart of Lorkhan (the destruction of the object by the Nereverine made impossible to understand what's really it was...) , and the Dunmer attacked them, stole it and used it to form the Tribunal. The only reason they didn't overrun the Septim Empire, was because Talos was becoming(or yet was) a god himself, using other mysterious way. It's seem that the dwemer's enemies did (or tried to do) exactly what they impeached to dwemers....

You're contradicting yourself here. First you're saying that the Aedra (Akatosh and friends) are NOT gods, then you said Tiber Septim became a god. Aside from that, Tiber Septim was a Dragonborn and the dragon blood was a Gift (given) by Akatosh (and friends) to selected few. So how was it he supersede those who gave him the gift? Which is which? Also, the heart remained inside the Red Mountain and was NOT stolen (it was the profane tools Sundering, Keening and Wraithguard) and later banished by Nerevarine, NOT destroyed for the Heart was a part of Nirn. In addition, they didn't JUST found it, they experimented on it and found a way to tap into its divinity which LEAD to the Numidium plan.

and concerning the last objection, that was the Aedra and Dedra who make disappear dwemer's knowledge stuffs, it's could be right too: but what about everything a civilization make that is not related military or religiuos stuff? picture, novel, objects of the normal life, even cooking books :) .. we just found some cup and fork. if they would\could banish the dwemers, why their cities are still there? and the few important stuff they left(observatory etc)? why didn't banish the memory of their existence itself? and peasant, normal people and children? was guilty too? and why Yagrum Bagarn doesn't disappear? they forgot him? or maybe he is lying, and is still in Nirn because he has to do so, with peraphs the help of Dyvath Fyr, who cured him from a mortal disease whom gave the poor dwemer a very long life.. are there other people who help him? and why? to be slave of the Dwemer Overlord in the future?

I quote myself: "just enough to ensure that these folly were not repeated by the other races." I though you understood but I'll explain my pov. Yagrum was given the fate to be the last of thier kind and adding to that he was ridden with Corprus disease. If that doesn't show you "We(the eight) made an example of this one so you may take heed not to repeat the same mistake." I don't know what does.

All stories against Dwemer focus on a council of evil technicians working to enslave all the others.. gods and people! but an advanced civilization like dwemer's was, could make it (or try to do so) without a god on their side, with enormous armies of animunculi, and they didn't. they was quietly peaceful for all their story: all wars they did in my opinion seem defensive one, and never made a Total War like humans and mers did: just at the end they seem going crazy. Maybe dunmers, humans and aedra, who wrote the history after them, pull the fact to be on their side, it's would not the first time it happen.

And when all one, the dedra and the aedra, priestes and kings, saviours and mages, agreed in something..well it's smell like lie!

Again, as I've said, arrogance born from knowledge of Science and Technology and with all that, their fight against the Chinmer/Dunmer only resulted in a stalemate. They DID use those "enormous armies of animunculi" but the result is always the same. Only when the Heart of Lorkhan was found did things started to change. I believe there was a book in-game that told a story about the Chinmer and Dwemer General ... Sorry if I'm mistaken.

Another thing was that the dwemer disbelieve in gods, so why create one. Maybe they was creating something to defend against whose pretend to be it enslaving all the others..

They created one because their reasoning and logic did not fit into Godhood descriptions: "He works in mysterious ways ..." Heh.

I don't want seem a dwemer worshipper (well, really i am!!) but minimize them as simple mad doctors who wanted conquer the world seem too simple to me.

And, always in my opinion, to make a good story is necessary have a critic eye on the knowledge we yet have on this lore, and think a possible, concret way but not the one whoever would think, or it will be predictable.

Tiber Septim conquered the world and it was simple ... Although I do agree having a critical attitude towards the lore. :P I for one don't believe Talos deserves to be the Ninth. Various reasons but I don't care to elaborate.

~Cheers

Edit: Just for read -

Lore: Dwemer

Dwemer

Edited by Drakescale

there's not contraddiction: in my assumption Aedra and dedra act like gods, and so do Talos.. but they are not gods(at least they wasn't for dwemers)

Akatosh gave power to the man, but this god's power didn't work for dwemer stuff..and so the Northern lose their war against dwemer. If the shout was gave from a real god, how could someone oppose himself to it?

And the heart was in red mountain just because Dagot ur decided to betray his allies and was "trapped" inside by the ghostfence, or he would be gone around smashing Tribunal and Septim themselves. And if Dagoth had not betrayed, the heart probably would been in a room of Mournhold or Vivec and the dunmer would not been so compounded with the Septim's Empire :P

Concerning the experiments, the only things we know was telled from the dwemer's enemies.

regarding the enourmous armies telled from Chinmer/Dunmer.. i read in my youth the "de bello gallico" and listening Cesar, the Gaelic was billions...and as i said, they are quite peaceful, but made some regional war too.. and at the end, before the war they had some kind of friendship with Chinmer/Dunmer, then there was war: the winner said that the loser was nasty, immoral and godless and treacherous.. whatta news!

If Yagrum was a warning, why Dyvath protect and hidden him? and why the eight doesn't punish Dyvath too

however the concepts of a No-timed war between Technician-logic belivers, and Zealots would be great, giving to the player to choose on which side to be, avoiding to give to any part a monolithic alignament.. Good and Evil are chain in a RPG lore.

Anyway the idea of the temple like to me too and could be the starting point for something bigger: but i see in it people who misunderstud the teaching of their vanished masters, forgetting the ethic of the logic or manipulated by someone to do so. :)

P.S. .....maybe i'm the devil's lawyer :D

Edited by Jodi79

@AlCiao

you are right saying that this is an huge idea, maybe too huge. But what about, instead a single huge quest, making many modular single quests, connected but not consequential, every quests giving a piece of the puzzle, using location yet in skyrim, changing them just if necessary and the least possible to avoiding eventually conflict.

is it technically operable? and which problems in this case may occur?