Another thread about help with mods...

EckoShy

Been a console gamer my whole life until recently, so I've just got a few questions to ask. I already found a nice video tutorial that explains the whole process of how to install them with 7zip and the OBMM so that's not the issue.

I want to know: Are the following mods compatible with each other?

AF Leveling Mod

Qarl's Texture Pack III

Darnified UI

Apachii Godess Store

HG Eye Candy

Also, the last two there, Apachii and HGEC, are they perhaps redundant? Cause it looks like Apachii is meant to just add new clothing while HG changes the body shape and does nothing to the existing clothing. Is that correct are do they both do some of the same things and might conflict with each other? And do either of them change how NPC's look?

They should all be compatible with each other. Most of the time, mods won't conflict with each other unless they are trying to change the same thing (e.g. running AF Leveling and Realistic Leveling at the same time) or you have a LOT of them.

The best bet is to install one, give it a whirl and if everything is okay, install the next. Don't make the mistake of installing many mods at once as troubleshooting will drive you crazy. ;)

On the subject of bodies and clothing/armor be aware that you need to use compatible bodies and clothes/armor. If you use the HGEC body for example but don't use a replacer mod to change all the vanilla game clothes/armor to HGEC compatible you'll see things like odd coloured hands and feet, and clothes/armor that has the arms exposed will be even more ugly. The reason is that the game displays the item worn rather than the body part it covers, so a cuirass 'becomes' the upper body including the arms if nothing is worn on the hands (an example of this is the chainmail cuirass).

The important point to take away is you need to make sure any clothes or armor you install are compatible with the body you've chosen. If you want to go with HGEC (a good choice as it's a popular body offering plenty of options and there are lots of clothing and armor mods for it) I suggest you consider EVE HGEC Eyecandy Variants Expansion as it comes with a replacer for stock clothing and armor.

All NPCs and the player are confined by the game to using a single body so if you chose HGEC A cup then all female NPCs and the player (if playing a female character) will be HGEC A cup. Because the clothes/armor 'become' the body part they cover you can get some variety by using different sized clothes or armor. I have a variety of sizes of stock clothing replacers to give a bit of variety to the game, but every girl wearing the same shirt will have the same size.

Saying that all NPCs and the player are limited to a single body isn't entirely true however. You can have all females HGEC and use MaleBodyReplacerV52 (aka Roberts male body) to give the guys and a male player character their own body. Again, any clothing/armor mods will need to be compatible.

OK, thanks for that info guys it really helped.

One more thing I just thought of however. I kind of assumed that HGEC would change the faces too, but after re-reading the description I'm starting to doubt that assumption. So I have to ask, dose it change faces to look more realistic or is it just a body mod? If so what face changing mod would you suggest that would fit with HGEC?

New to Oblivion, modding and the forum. So hey everyone!

What i would say is I am on my third install now (in about the same number of weeks) and I am sure i will come across more problems but for the 3rd install I decided to favour BAIN (WyreBash) over OBMM and so far seems to be working for me as it is a lot easier to see where there may be a problem and then sort it whereas before I was just getting a crash on start up pretty much all the time with no idea why it was happening. It also gives you a greater understanding of what is actually happening when you install a mod.

The only mods i've used on OBMM are the body installs as they tend not to put on ESPs etc but overwrite files in the data folder where the wizards are helpful,but the rest i have done with BAIN.

Of your mods, I use AF, Darnified and HGEC body (as well as the skeletons and BBB etc) and they all work fine. I cannot talk about the other two as I don't have them, but the texture pack should be fine as long as it doesn't say it isn't compatible with any of those mods.

Going to try and install Modular Beautiful People so will probably be on here crying in a few days.

Edited by funkydunk

OK, thanks for that info guys it really helped.

One more thing I just thought of however. I kind of assumed that HGEC would change the faces too, but after re-reading the description I'm starting to doubt that assumption. So I have to ask, dose it change faces to look more realistic or is it just a body mod? If so what face changing mod would you suggest that would fit with HGEC?

I tried better looking NPC's but they are not that much better looking. I think there is this one

TNR

and also I am next going to try Modular Beautiful People.

I will be saving my data folder before i put that one in.