Wars In skyrim ??

TheRedHunter

I loved this mod and this is all very dismaying to me. If Alex is not going to be working on it and is banned or whatever I can see being pissed. But I think to allow only part of it to be used by other modders seems stubborn. I feel like it was such a loved mod that it would make sense for him to allow someone to recreate it for us all to enjoy. we all know who the original creator is. I have been struggling to try and replace this mod with various other mods so far not to me liking. I look forward to what casty89 is working on, but I worry it will not live up to the expectations I have set based on what WIS was previously.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this mod and never have any problems; lucky I guess or whatever. I can understand, I have no tolerance for idiots on the internet. Some refuse to be idle while others antagonize and when you literally can't do anything to them then it's time to ignore them the only way you can. For some of us an ignore function doesn't cut it, we have to be removed (by ourselves or someone else) from the situation or we will continue to fight back ultimately making trolls happier and ourselves more angry. "We" generally have enough stress in real life, let alone any left over for cowards hiding on internet. Anyways, my condolences to the death of the original mod and I hope Alex's downtime serves him well. Cheers, ma'an!

Joe

I have a hacker friend that is what one might consider a "troll hunter". I pondered giving him a heads up until I realized just how many trolls there were that were hounding Alex. A couple of bonehead trolls are manageable, but Alex and his mod were a troll magnet. I know releasing the hounds is rash and pinging a moderator would have been more appropriate, but some of those guys deserved worse than a ban.

I have a hacker friend that is what one might consider a "troll hunter". I pondered giving him a heads up until I realized just how many trolls there were that were hounding Alex. A couple of bonehead trolls are manageable, but Alex and his mod were a troll magnet. I know releasing the hounds is rash and pinging a moderator would have been more appropriate, but some of those guys deserved worse than a ban.

I agree 101% The comments the last two weeks were unbelievable. :(

But it isn't only on Alex. It is also on us to start supporting good modders and report bulling and trolling using that yellow report button!!!

To a certain degree modders are like artists. They take the time to learn the inner workings of a very complex game, alter them and SHARE their results. Free of charge, you just don't demand from those people. And it is the right of every artist to get worked up, and be pissed at rude comments and stop alltogether. Or to just say "**** you, I'm keeping this for myself".

This really bugs me like hell. If parts of the community can apparently achieve this, we better start thinking about using that report function more freely. Millions of users (all straining bandwith) we really don't need trolls. Or one free trolling post for every much endorsed mod you created yourself... :rolleyes:

See the other side, his acting is to a dregree like a diva too.

He get´s berserk because of trolling. Meaningless people from the world ... this is so old as the internet.

Why give he a s*** about these guys?

All the people ( A f***ing lot of) who likes his mod, maybe send him even some money ... now have lost against the actions of some trolls? Because their words wight more?The people even votet him in the upper Charts, files of the month ect. So the people have already done something for HIM.

Neee, really that was overreacting from his side.

See, that's not the point. It doesn't matter if anyone is overreacting or not. Not everyone always has the coping resources to deal with any kind of bulls***, especially when you sink your heart into something. Maybe you're just stressed, or it's not going well in real-life. But that's still not the point.

If we lose a great mod author (for whatever personal reason) because of negative comments by idiots, we are at a loss. That's what i was trying to say.

And we gain nothing by saying "meh, i guess he could have handled that better, you know on the internet you just have to put up with stuff like that..."

Because you just plain don't have to. Alex has proven that. We are at a loss, because of trolls, no matter why. That's what it comes down to in my opinion.

And i think we should start thinking about not letting this happen anymore. Report and ban trolls a lot more liberately. Constructive criticism is almost always very distinguishable from trolling.

too bad. the mod definitely had potential. last time i used it, it was terrifically buggy, and i mentioned those bugs that i encountered. for this, i was accused of trolling, so i just left the chat.

trolling is not pointing out errors. trolling is provocation to argument. im sorry the mod author gave up; if i thought his endeavor was impossible, i would never have made any recommendations of any kind.

id like to know how one is expected to fix a mistake they arent aware of. its a darn shame were never going to get this mod in full working condition. hopefully, someone will attempt something of this kind again, and soon. they will be more likely to succeed with the benefit of all we have learned about the CK.

To a certain degree modders are like artists. They take the time to learn the inner workings of a very complex game, alter them and SHARE their results. Free of charge, you just don't demand from those people. And it is the right of every artist to get worked up, and be pissed at rude comments and stop alltogether. Or to just say "**** you, I'm keeping this for myself".

This really bugs me like hell. If parts of the community can apparently achieve this, we better start thinking about using that report function more freely. Millions of users (all straining bandwith) we really don't need trolls. Or one free trolling post for every much endorsed mod you created yourself... :rolleyes:

See the other side, his acting is to a dregree like a diva too.

He get´s berserk because of trolling. Meaningless people from the world ... this is so old as the internet.

Why give he a s*** about these guys?

All the people ( A f***ing lot of) who likes his mod, maybe send him even some money ... now have lost against the actions of some trolls? Because their words wight more?The people even votet him in the upper Charts, files of the month ect. So the people have already done something for HIM.

Neee, really that was overreacting from his side.

See, that's not the point. It doesn't matter if anyone is overreacting or not. Not everyone always has the coping resources to deal with any kind of bulls***, especially when you sink your heart into something. Maybe you're just stressed, or it's not going well in real-life. But that's still not the point.

If we lose a great mod author (for whatever personal reason) because of negative comments by idiots, we are at a loss. That's what i was trying to say.

And we gain nothing by saying "meh, i guess he could have handled that better, you know on the internet you just have to put up with stuff like that..."

Because you just plain don't have to. Alex has proven that. We are at a loss, because of trolls, no matter why. That's what it comes down to in my opinion.

And i think we should start thinking about not letting this happen anymore. Report and ban trolls a lot more liberately. Constructive criticism is almost always very distinguishable from trolling.

Maybe because i think it is a taking and giving.

He makes the mod, put his heart into it ..a LOT of work. Sooo ..what he gets in return?

We use his mod, have fun with it. We too give comments, critic how he could do things better, endorse, vote for him, send him money ect. That put him to more attention, nexus will question to make a interview with him ( What he already has i think) .. he gets more famous. Other big modders, maybe even a company will take notice from him. It´s not the first time that a com. of the internet had helped someone to get in the spotlight of the real world. That´s would NOT work without THE work of other users, aka the com. Then we have the trolls, who destroid it.

My point is simply that the much MORE people who did something for him, now are punched in the their faces.

I share your main point with the trolls, i´ts a shame that those people still have some power. We must do more in this case.

Only that i still blame the author for a part too. Trolling is old :geek:

Edited by Cameoneo

I agree, if a modder tries to make it into the business, there is a lot we can do for him as a community. I just think most don't even aim for that. It's kind of like trying to become a rockstar with your neighbourhood garage band, of which there are about 120 in each city of 100.000, half of them talented. :biggrin:

I just try to encourage to be a little more patient with our modders, not tell them what they HAVE TO do, or that anything is a MUST for that kind of mod, and i know there is a lot of that stuff going on. Most modders just do it for the hell of it. In this case there really isn't much we can really do for them right? Something I read in the comments today:

Dude, Duns, pics are part of what sell the mod to a majority of users.

If someone said "This EMB setting will make the game look more lifelike, by emphasizing colors" and then DOESN'T post pictures, people aren't going to believe it because they don't want to get rid of their CURRENT one just to try it.

Yes, we could download your mod to find out and then delete it if we don't like it, but YOU'RE trying to convince US to download it.

And when all you present us with is a description, when your mod is WHOLLY VISUAL, people are going to be disinterested from the second they follow the link.

UNQUOTE

:biggrin: That's not trolling, it's just hilarious. And it was not an ENB mod, but really something where screens just didn't make much sense. The author replied that he is not trying to convince anyone to do anything, or trying to sell anything. I feel some people have a certain misconception of what their place as consuments in a modding community is. Just a thought though...

Edited by Pantha13

Dear Alex

I absolutely love the mod that you made, and appreciate all the work that you have been doing for it. If this mod happens to be the cause of why some of the swords are named in Spanish, I don't even care( hell the way they are called is actually quite cool). At any rate it was a wonderful piece of work you did there regardless of the problems, it may have, but I would find it quite sad if it disappeared just like that. Therefore, as a simple meaningless fan I ask you not to do, but to consider, continuing on improving the mod, as I and probably many other people here, would absolutely love to see this mod rise once more. Think about it, your mod made into the tops real quick and for most people it was a love at first sight when it appeared in the mods of the week, however just like in real life, love can mean both joy and sorrow, or in your case loads of trolls and fans who actually liked the mod but never bothered to show up at the comment section and say something nice. Why? Well mostly because we were to busy playing your mod. No seriously, you have no idea how MANY endorsements I owe due to the fact that I keep forgetting to just hit a tiny damn button. That does not in any way mean I don't like the mod or go something like ,,Ergh if you want my endorsement you'll have to earn it. Myaa!"

Hoping to see you and your work again soon and hoping to remember to stop by and say hi,

signed,

Anonymous-Insignificant-Little-Fan.

....hmmm a little to melodramatic but it will have to do.

At any rate if the author is having problems with trolls spamming the hell out the comment sections or his inbox then why not give him the possibility of locking those either completely or let only certain people have access to them? I mean yeah user feedbacks may be important in contributing to the improvement of the mod but if the feedbacks are nothing but a load of b****cks then why not have it at all or let only trusted people have a say in it. I mean come on this should be possible right? Even Youtube has a feature that let's some of the users check the posts in the comment before they let them get posted.

Edited by pumadace2000

This has been happening since morrowind with elder scrolls community.

If we want this to stop then the best thing to do is just stop demanding things from modders. And stop getting so emotional and personal over things like bugs and incompatibilities. If you want a feature make it yourself, this is free content you're getting and when the community makes modding stressful then the best modders are just going to quit and find a better game to mess around with.

TL;DR Spread love not hate. and don't feel you're entitled to complain about anything that is free and optional :)