Witcher 3: Will my PC handle it?

I'm interested in the Witcher 3 series, and I was wondering if my computer will handle it. Note that I am able to play Skyrim Special Edition, which appears to be similar in prerequisites. Here are my specs:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP Pavilion P6000 Series
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD Athlon II X2 250 Processor, 3000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 6.04, 4/22/2010
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.24000"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 5.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 5.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.21 GB
Total Virtual Memory 10.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory 7.29 GB
Page File Space 5.00 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Note that I use a Geforce GTX 1050 ti. Also, I have 114gb of free space, on my hard drive.
The price seems right, as of now, and the game looks interesting. The main thing that I'm worried about is physical memory.

I'm not very familiar with that CPU, but from what I can tell - it will not like the more CPU intensive parts of the game. Your GPU is fine for the Witcher 3 at respectable settings at 1080p though. You would need to upgrade your system RAM though. I use around 5GB's of RAM when playing the game - so you'd expirience stutter with your current setup. Upgrading your RAM to at least 8GB's would be nice. If you want - you could get the game now and try to deal with the potential performance issues and wait for upgrades. Digital Foundry has a video up on YouTube abut their "budget" PC in comparison to the PS4 when playing the Witcher 3, that may be a good place to look when learning about the settings menu and what things to try and lower. I suppose you can always return it if things don't work out.

I'm not very familiar with that CPU, but from what I can tell - it will not like the more CPU intensive parts of the game. Your GPU is fine for the Witcher 3 at respectable settings at 1080p though. You would need to upgrade your system RAM though. I use around 5GB's of RAM when playing the game - so you'd expirience stutter with your current setup. Upgrading your RAM to at least 8GB's would be nice. If you want - you could get the game now and try to deal with the potential performance issues and wait for upgrades. Digital Foundry has a video up on YouTube abut their "budget" PC in comparison to the PS4 when playing the Witcher 3, that may be a good place to look when learning about the settings menu and what things to try and lower. I suppose you can always return it if things don't work out.

Thanks for your reply. My computer is seven years old, and runs perfectly. However, I do know that its hardware/software has limitations. I'm strongly tempted to buy a gaming rig (which this computer was never designed for). It's not like I don't have the money to buy. I'm old-fashioned, and that part of me says, "Don't throw something away that still works." However, with each new title that comes out, I find myself wondering, "Will it work?" That not very fun, either! In the last year, Steam refunded three purchases I made, and I'm getting punchy.

Once again, thanks!