Razer Headphones.... they died

my Razer Carcharias (spell check?) died. Well... .half died.... the left half :unsure:

yes, you read right. the left half of my $80 (USD) Gaming Headphones died....

is there a way to fix it, i've tried making sure the wire is right, i've tested on different PCs... the left headphone is dead, I really don't want to have to ask for a copy of the receipt at Best Buy (i've had them for a while... 2 1/2 months) and trade them in. :ermm:

Any suggestions on how to fix it??

PS: they're really good products, i love the gold plated usb and stuff, don't usually break easily in my experience, totally worth it if you're looking for new PC accessories

honestly bro, youd be better off getting an exchange if possible. if you try to tinker with it and it doesnt work, then ur really screwed cause ull have voided the warranty.

after only 2 months, for such an expensive product, sounds like a faulty product tbh. like i said, if possible try and exchange it, if not, then you can go ahead and tinker with it if you want.

Get a refund if possible and buy a pair of Sennheisers or something, Razer products are notorious for falling apart. I'd also avoid paying extra for silly things like gold plated USB, USB is digital and doesn't benefit from it. The 1's and 0's make it through or they don't, there is no quality as such.

Razer mechanical keyboards are the least reliable mechanical keyboards you can find. Weird seeing how they all use Cherry switches, but seems like Razer found a way.

Razer mice aren't as notoriously unreliable as Chinese brands, but Logitech, Steelseries or even Saitek monstrosities blow them out of the water in terms of build quality (sadly not always in terms of usability).

So it's no surprise your headphones fell apart. Razer doesn't even have the facilities to make them, they're subcontracted to some Chinese OEM. Not that others don't do it, but somehow Razer seems to pick out worse OEMs than the rest.

Now, as to the advice to get Sennheiser, for $80 don't do that either. Sennheiser offers about the next worst bang for your buck right after Bose, especially in cheaper models. Sure, some of their models, HD 500 and above, are pretty good - but not as good as similarly expensive Audio-Technika models, and not as affordable as similar quality Beyerdynamics or Philips.

If it was 2008-2010, I'd say go get Philips SHP-895 while supplies last. Sadly, they only lasted so long. New Philips are still good, but not that kind of a steal. If you like mostly neutral sound, go for Sony or Philips. If you want deeper lows, go for Beyerdynamics. If you want maximum fidelity at the expense of some roughness, get AKG. Avoid gayming brands as much as you can when talking about audio products.

You don't have to pay $80 for Sennheiser, their lower end ones offer great value. As for Phillips, the quality of their products has got worse year on year. It's a shame because at one time they were very good, now they sound flat.

traded it in for a different brand, figured it might be a sound slot (green circle thingy in back, name eludes me at time). USB Gamercon headset, Razer has better audio, but i had to switch over to USB eventually.... i'll save up for a Razer USB set