What can I do to cripple the Black-Briar family?

Omeletter

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you can cripple her ambition to be Jarl by not doing the imperial side of the war. Fighting for Ulfric will hurt Maven's Imperial allies.

I took the Stormcloak side (proudly) and Maven's still Jarl of the Rift.

Edited by MacSuibhne

"What can I do to cripple the Black-Briar family?"

Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure

Sadly they're Essential, otherwise there'd be a perfect solution courtesy of Trainwiz.

Being as we lack Colonial Marines Conestoga-class starships in Skyrim we'll just have to make do with the Stormbringer RuneSword, a sort of nuke you wear across your back. Though the author seems to have updated it and I can't tell if he's taken the 'kills Everything! version out (I accidentally killed Aduin once at the Throat Of The World.. Oops...)

Edited by SayinNuthin

• 3 weeks later...
Maybe there could be a mod to outmanuver the Blackbriars and the Silverbloods and then let some other people take their place. Imagine running a campaign that sends Maven into exile and someone else take the jarlseat in an imperial riften, maybe even let Lawgiver keep her job but with an imperial officer at her side keep her in line.

Hmmmm, I didn't play the Civil War questline in all my play throughs since i'm too busy kicking Alduin and his allies, but can't the stormcloak players invade Riften after Maven becomes Jarl and kick her out then or that isn't a option in the Civil War? :confused:

Seriously, they are worse than Ulfric. I want to do as much harm to Maven as possible.

So far I robbed their house and meadery (over 180 bottles of Briar mead acquired in the process) and was presented with an opportunity to kill Sibbi right there in jail. The guard walks up to his now dead body, looks at him, sarcastically says "Damn shame", turns around and walks back where he was.

Simple Four step process.

1, Marry Ingun. piss Maven Off. Destroy the Dark brotherhood.

2, Install "Destroy The Thieves Guild" destroy the guild and exile Maven and Hemming to Solitude.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28880/?

3, Install RE-Real Estate. Buy Black Briar Meadery, and Black Briar Estate. Charge Maximum Rent.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37774/?

4, Become "High King of Skyrim" Have Sibbi and Indaryn Hit by Surgus the Black.

Sentence Maven, and Hemming, to work in the mine.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41087/?

Been there and done that,,, Have some T-Shirts for Sale !

Edited by Reynard131