Save game crashes

Hiya im in dyer need of some help whenever i go to load up a save of mine (any of them) aside for one, it crashes either half way through loading it or at like 99% of loading it... I have tried starting a new game and it crashes right after the intro movie of uriel septim and all that.... :-( . It started happening after i tried to invalidate the archives on obmm but the program wouldnt respond and i couldnt shut it down so i used task manager, and then the problem started it basically crashes to the desktop and says windows encountered a problem... I have been playing oblivion for ages now so its not a problem with my hardware and setup, the load order is also fine with my game, i have tried removing certain mods and it hasnt changed and also tried starting as an administrater... But nothing has worked i am able to deal with most crashes but this one has got me stumped. Could anyone help me or come up with some suggestions? I really want those saves aswell as oblivion to work... Please help me.-- any help is very much appreciated. Thanks

When you rebuild the Oblivion.ini you often need to go back into the video menu and reset your options (especially when you have modern video hardware that the game doesn't recognize).

You mention that you have one save that will load. If so try opening the console (use the tilde (~) key found on standard keyboards right below the Esc key) and then type 'coc center' (without the quote marks) and hit Enter. You'll be transported to an open plain with some trees visible in the distance. Using the wait menu wait three full days and then a bit more (72 hours + a bit). Then open the console again and 'coc weye' (or another loocation if you know the correct location code). Make a new save (don't overwrite and don't quicksave) and then exit the game. See if that new save helps.

also consider a diagnostic new game --- if it works fine outside of the sewers, the problem may be related to the particular save (keep hundreds more saves for just such emergencies)

no wait, you've tried a new game and it k-rashes right after the septim movie

try all of these in order - one at a time -

1 - install archive invalidation invalidated (your trace to the origin of the issue) - make certain it turns on

2 - mass deactivate your mods

3 - full uninstall then re-install of the game - remember to destroy remnants before re-installing, especially including all the non-save files in your saves area

If you decide to go the re-install route here's a link to Bben46's wiki article Oblivion reinstall procedure. If you use the Steam version of the game don't miss the link near the top about moving your Steam install (probably not an issue for you as you've had the game + mods working before) and also don't skip the part about registry cleaning ... it's important.

okay i have just tried reinstalling followed every instruction on that site.... it worked before i added my mods to it and my other stuff now its doing the same thing.... i have disabled all my recent mods and it still does the same ...... anything i can do or anyone know whats going on?? this has never happened to me before and i have been playing and modding oblivion for ages .

EDIT: just now i have deactivated all my mods and moved all my saves to a new folder as i have a hefty saves folder that i thought might cause the problem..... and its still doing the same thing, by the way im also using obse so i load the game up using its launcher might that be it? im tearing my hair out for a reason and keep coming up short.

Edited by finestanonymous