[MOD Request: "3rd Person Camera View"]

M1oCid

I understand what you're saying, Tituslechmakus, so let's simply call it an add-on. ;) If people aren't willing to spend time providing others with free mods, then so be it. Let's be fair, some of these people may be trying to make a living from this kind of thing. Anton may be financially comfortable, in which case asking for money could be seen as greedy, however, he could be struggling to make ends meet, do we know which it is?

As Totti2911 has said, Anton might take some convincing. How about we post a poll and let democracy decide? If we end up with a majority willing to pay (let's say ã3 / 3.50 Euro / 4.20USD) then we'll put it to Anton and see what happens.

I know many people are certainly to pay for Anton's mod. We need a official person to be able to convince or if you need mod and you are ready to pay for mod let every one send email to him. Many people contact to him, hope he changes his decision. I have sent some emails to him for convincing but its not enough. He said be boring to continue but maybe that's not real reason... Edited by Totti2911

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll not buy KCD without a 3rd person option. I've been a PC gamer for over 30 years, but over the last few years I've become fond of playing with an Xbox controller - I think I've had enough of being slumped over a keyboard for hours on end!

Unfortunately, 1st person gaming isn't much good with a controller (many console gamers I know will disagree with me) , so I'd happily pay up to £10 for a decent tp mod.

No one release such mod for paying except we convince Anton who have done mod's main part continue to work on this mod

I'll not buy KCD without a 3rd person option. I've been a PC gamer for over 30 years, but over the last few years I've become fond of playing with an Xbox controller - I think I've had enough of being slumped over a keyboard for hours on end!

Unfortunately, 1st person gaming isn't much good with a controller (many console gamers I know will disagree with me) , so I'd happily pay up to £10 for a decent tp mod.

So am I, except for the end of your post. To pay for a mod is just against the concept of modding. It has to be free, we are not EA or Activision !

I understand what you're saying, Tituslechmakus, so let's simply call it an add-on. :wink: If people aren't willing to spend time providing others with free mods, then so be it. Let's be fair, some of these people may be trying to make a living from this kind of thing. Anton may be financially comfortable, in which case asking for money could be seen as greedy, however, he could be struggling to make ends meet, do we know which it is?

As Totti2911 has said, Anton might take some convincing. How about we post a poll and let democracy decide? If we end up with a majority willing to pay (let's say £3 / 3.50 Euro / 4.20USD) then we'll put it to Anton and see what happens.

I see what you mean, but this is not my views on video gaming ! I've been playing for the last 25 years and I have never paid for a DLC, this totally makes me sick. When you pay 70€ for a game, having to pay again for extras is just something wrong. Appart from a real add on of course, like Blood&Wine for Witcher 3 or Conquerors for Age of Empire 2. And I'm sorry but such a TPV feature is not an add on. It is defenetly a disgusting DLC.

If I cannot play Kingdom Come because nobody wants to make a TPV mod, then so be it ...

I see what you mean, but this is not my views on video gaming ! I've been playing for the last 25 years and I have never paid for a DLC, this totally makes me sick. When you pay 70€ for a game, having to pay again for extras is just something wrong. Appart from a real add on of course, like Blood&Wine for Witcher 3 or Conquerors for Age of Empire 2. And I'm sorry but such a TPV feature is not an add on. It is defenetly a disgusting DLC.

If I cannot play Kingdom Come because nobody wants to make a TPV mod, then so be it ...

Fair enough, you're fully entitled to your opinions and beliefs.

If Warhorse uploaded a patch enabling full 3rd person gameplay then of course I'd expect that to be completely free of charge. But if a guy or gal spent time working on the same thing, and it was of high quality, I don't think it's disgusting for that person to ask for a small fee. After all, it's not that guy or gal that took your £50 (or whatever the cost) for the game.

I appreciate modding has always had an unspoken, moralistic code of being free, but if a person really wants something and someone else can provide it, we shouldn't always expect it to cost nothing.

Just bumping to keep this topic relevant. I too am waiting for 3rd person before buying. I've never been a fan of 1st person because of the limitations of the character's peripheral vision.

Once the initial sales start to slow - and I'm sure that KCD has already become yesterdays news to many gamers - Warhorse themselves may find it prudent to release a TPV for their game in an attempt to revitalise interest and sales. I may be wrong, but if there are significant numbers not willing to buy the game due to the lack of a TPV, it would be wise for Warhorse to seriously consider the addition.

And I can't believe "total realism" is the reason for the lack of a TPV, that to me seems nonsense; we're playing a bloody game, what's realistic about that? ;)

Just bumping to keep this topic relevant. I too am waiting for 3rd person before buying. I've never been a fan of 1st person because of the limitations of the character's peripheral vision.Â

Â

Once the initial sales start to slow - and I'm sure that KCD has already become yesterdays news to many gamers - Warhorse themselves may find it prudent to release a TPV for their game in an attempt to revitalise interest and sales. I may be wrong, but if there are significant numbers not willing to buy the game due to the lack of a TPV, it would be wise for Warhorse to seriously consider the addition.Â

Â

And I can't believe "total realism" is the reason for the lack of a TPV, that to me seems nonsense; we're playing a bloody game, what's realistic about that? ;)Â Â Â

Warhorse wants players immerse in their story. So 1st person selected in the begin of development this game. They ignore 3rd person view in game released. But for informations I knew, 3rd person already implemented for testing game verytime they needs. It' only not actived...

Warhorse wants players immerse in their story. So 1st person selected in the begin of development this game.

Or because it's much easier to make FP rather than TP. All shitty indie games use first person camera :laugh:

Yeah but it is completly silly to deprive themselves of selling much more games just because they do not want something that is already ingame but just not activated ... I don't get their logic !

This game was not indented to work with 3rd person camera, I'm sure there are a lot of restrictions, like no collision for 3rd camera (most likely it clips through the floor like it is for cryengine SDK 3rd person mode), combat system was obviously created to work with 1rst person, alchemy, smithcraft, crosshair system, poor running/jumping animation and such.

It will be nice in case there will be a camera mod, but in order to make 3rd person work properly devs should redone the game from the very beginning