⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Vortex and FNIS

Flip777

I just returned to modding, i had the old nexus mods thing installed. Fnis worked perfectly.

But then i installed Vortex and uninstalled Nexus mods manager. I reinstalled everything including Fnis. but when i run Fnis i get this error (Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\scripts\FNIS_aa2.pex' is denied.)

So i turned on the stuff in Vortex, to have it use mod manager button and to automatically run FNIS but it keeps telling me that FNIS isnt installed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times, no luck.

You're running Windows 8 or higher? Don't install Skyrim in "C:\Program Files (x86)" since this folder is UAC-protected. Try to install in your root folder (e.g. C:\Steam\steamapps\common\) and it should work.

• 2 weeks later...

FNIS with "Redirection" runs ok when I run it from the Dashboard Tool. But when I select "Run FNIS on deployment event" in the settings then load an animation mod, afterward Vortex says it's "Deploying" and "Updating FNIS" but it runs forever. I started it one evening, left it running, and checked it the next morning and it was still Deploying and Updating FNIS. Any idea what's causing this or could it have something to do with the "InstantExecute" option that I do not have set up?

Edited by Ridgwaters

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running FNIS through Vortex.

Installed Behaviors, Creature pack and Spells as well.

Everything seems to work properly, including redirection.

In game, no t-poses! BUT... in a new game when i'm fighting with weapons all is fine until I right-click.

Magic use seems to prompt for selecting animation cycles, etc.

Before I reinstall FNIS,anyone a known fix?

i started a new game with FNIS configured by Vortex, and I got nothing but a T-Pose, i clicked all the mods that i have installed in the configuration menu in vortex but it still would not work. can anyone please help

can someone please help

I hope to not sound repetitive here, but I've missed the simplest things sometimes for a day or two. So I assume nothing :tongue:

Firstly, make sure you are using compatible skeletons: XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended.

If you are sure that is ok, then I would try to locate your "FNIS Data" [or whatever you named it] folder.

Delete everything in there and rerun FNIS, making sure to select the arm fix as well as any additionals you might need in your load order.

Now make sure it's placing these new files in the expected location.

IF it's not, then you might have to redirect it to where you expect it.

I had this problem when using FNIS with more than one profile.

Check your FNIS settings for the Launcher:

Here is an example for my setup and "FNIS Data (TEST - PROFILE)" directory. You have to modify the command line entry with the RedirectFiles parameter, making sure to provide the absolute path to your mods fnis data folder like so:

D:\Steam-Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISForUsers.exe RedirectFiles="D:\_GAMES\_MODS\VORTEX\FNIS Data (TEST - PROFILE)"

Now make sure it's placing these new files in the expected location.

If all that is checked and it still happens, let us know.

I'm running FNIS through Vortex.

Installed Behaviors, Creature pack and Spells as well.

Everything seems to work properly, including redirection.

In game, no t-poses! BUT... in a new game when i'm fighting with weapons all is fine until I right-click.

Magic use seems to prompt for selecting animation cycles, etc.

Before I reinstall FNIS,anyone a known fix?

Dear Fore...

I Re-Read The F@!KING MANUAL for FNIS Spells!

All is good again.

My only excuse, is I never rolled a magic user while using FNIS :)

I beg of you, forgive me!!!!!

Hi all,

So, new on the modding scene, forgive me if I sound dumb. I've installed FNIS (latest) and the xp32 max skeleton (latest) to run flower girls and Lifelike Idle Animations, but idk if vortex isn't registering FNIS but none of the flower girl animations work. In game the characters do get nude, but they just stand inside on another. No animations except for the lifelike Idle animation for my DB. I installed FNIS through Vortex and selected to run it when deployed, however I don't think it's registering. I tried to run it in the file manager (for users) but it says ">>Warning: Bad installation. Generator not run from <Skyrim_Data>\Tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users. If you use a mod manager, run FNIS from its list of supported tools.<<"

I also tried to do this manually two weeks ago according to the instructions and... eternal T pose, even after unistalling everything and starting a new game. I threw a bit of a tantrum and just wiped all the files out of existence (computer was just recently bought so I didn't have anything important to lose). I don't entirely know how to access the FNIS settings in Vortex, if someone could direct me idiot style I'd greatly appreciate it. It's not breaking my current game yet like it did last time so I'm crossing my fingers I can get it to work tonight.

Also I keep clicking Configure FNIS and nothing happens.

Hi all,

So, new on the modding scene, forgive me if I sound dumb. I've installed FNIS (latest) and the xp32 max skeleton (latest) to run flower girls and Lifelike Idle Animations, but idk if vortex isn't registering FNIS but none of the flower girl animations work. In game the characters do get nude, but they just stand inside on another. No animations except for the lifelike Idle animation for my DB. I installed FNIS through Vortex and selected to run it when deployed, however I don't think it's registering. I tried to run it in the file manager (for users) but it says ">>Warning: Bad installation. Generator not run from <Skyrim_Data>\Tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users. If you use a mod manager, run FNIS from its list of supported tools.<<"

I also tried to do this manually two weeks ago according to the instructions and... eternal T pose, even after unistalling everything and starting a new game. I threw a bit of a tantrum and just wiped all the files out of existence (computer was just recently bought so I didn't have anything important to lose). I don't entirely know how to access the FNIS settings in Vortex, if someone could direct me idiot style I'd greatly appreciate it. It's not breaking my current game yet like it did last time so I'm crossing my fingers I can get it to work tonight.

Also I keep clicking Configure FNIS and nothing happens.

I have the very same problem. I don't know if these parts are the same though:

Vortex didn't recognise FNIS on itself, I had to show the direction to use the tool from inside the Vortex. And in addition to ">>Warning: Bad installation. Generator not run from <Skyrim_Data>\Tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users." it says "Creature Pack not installed" but it is! So is Spells! And it registers 0 new animations either way. So I've been thinking FNIS doesn't even recognise itself as working for Skyrim SE maybe? It can't see my mods (installed through Vortex). I've been thinkering with redirection stuff, but unsuccessfully so far. I'd appreciate the help before I go crazy :sad:

Edit: Yes I reinstalled all parts FNIS five times or smth.

Edited by ddurga