⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Vortex and FNIS

Flip777

Fixed: It was a bad uninstallation of FNIS months back, some files were left over in the game. I had to reinstall the whole game in another drive though. a clean folder made the trick.

Why another drive? Wouldn't completely removing the game and then manually removing the "left over" files have done just as well?

• 4 months later...

I FIXED IT! :D

How I fixed it was by uninstalling the FNIS through my mod manager (vortex) and then manually deleting the FNIS for user folder (SteamLibarary>steamapps>common>Skyrim Special Edition>Data>tools). At first I wasn't able to delete it as it was "in use" while I closed down everything so I force deleted it with windows command prompt. After deleting the folder I reinstalled it in my manager and tried again and it worked without any problems.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Has anyone been able to get vortex to work with FNIS in Skyrim special edition? It doesn't seem to recognize other mods that require FNIS are installed.

Of course it's just an alpha so could be a feature is missing.

Thanks for any insight.

Check this video

• 1 month later...

not sure if this was covered, but the issue I'm having with FNIS is my game itself isnt even starting. I downloaded FNIS to Vortex like any other mod, enabled it, but when I click 'play' it doesn't work. I've tried uninstalling & re-installing but that doesnt work. I have to delete the plugin.txt file for my game to actually run (w/o FNIS).

I have mods already installed and it was working fine, and it also works fine when i uninstall FNIS. help

not sure if this was covered, but the issue I'm having with FNIS is my game itself isnt even starting. I downloaded FNIS to Vortex like any other mod, enabled it, but when I click 'play' it doesn't work. I've tried uninstalling & re-installing but that doesnt work. I have to delete the plugin.txt file for my game to actually run (w/o FNIS).

I have mods already installed and it was working fine, and it also works fine when i uninstall FNIS. help

Did you install FNIS and just try and start the game without actually running FNIS to install the animations?

You really shouldn't have deleted the plugin.txt

Did you install FNIS and just try and start the game without actually running FNIS to install the animations?

You really shouldn't have deleted the plugin.txt

I don't think so. I used the FNIS tutorial video someone posted earlier in the thread when I initially went to download it. Before that the game was running perfectly.

The plugin.txt repopulates every time so I've just been not running the game with FNIS, but now it's not even working when I do that.

I followed the tutorial step by step, even pausing the video to complete the steps to make sure I didn't miss anything. I don't know what I did wrong

Do you use FNIS 7.5?

The game doesn't start when you have too many custom animations installed (depending on your mod selection between 10 and 15 thousand character animations). FNIS 7.5 will tell you if you have too many animations.

Do you use FNIS 7.5?

The game doesn't start when you have too many custom animations installed (depending on your mod selection between 10 and 15 thousand character animations). FNIS 7.5 will tell you if you have too many animations.

I do/did use 7.5. And I never used any other animation mods with it. I just downloaded it to start using said mods. But no, I never got a message like that. When I downloaded it, everything on Vortex said it was fine no issues. It just wont start. Like it'll say 'ready to play', then when i hit the actual play button it says 'running' then 'ready to play' like I closed it out.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I am having a problem where vortex won't run FNIS it says it isn't installed the problem is I have it installed and it even pops up on my dashboard as a tool. Also when I try to run it as a tool it says I can't and executable doesn't exist and when I click more details this pops up as the executable

C:\Games\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim - Special Edition\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISForUsers.exe

You need a legal copy of the game to run FNIS.

FNIS detects and refuses to run on pirated copies.