Settings Suggestions

Daemosdaen

When setting up Vortex, I went to Setting ---> Mods to set up the various paths.

I noticed that you have a base path for each game, While I can appreciate wanting to keep your game mod files completely separate, it would make more sense to have a program wide base path and flick switch to enable or disable custom base paths for individual games.

I know that, if you use the defaults, current this is faked, but if you store your games and mods on a separate gaming drive (in my case it all lives in the D:\Games\ folder), it gets annoying to set each game individually. It will also probably limit issues down the road due to some users not fulling understanding the settings and putting all the mods in the same folder.

I'm only testing this with two at the moment, but when all is said and done I'll probably have 9 - 15 games managed by Vortex and it will be annoying to set them all up. Also if I never need to re-install Vortex (or if the system gets wiped for some reason) it will probably be enough to make me not want to use Vortex at all.

Further suggestion:
When setting Multi-User Mode to 'Shared' a popup box requests the base path for the program, defaulting to the install location (in my case D:\Games\Vortex\ or <install location>\Mods\ (i.e. D:\Games\Vortex\Mods\)